• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IMPORTANT Sager NP5792 Owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMPORTANT Sager NP5792 Owners

I have been playing Crysis and Quake Wars quite frequently, since I recieved my NP5792, and have made a discovery. I usually play while plugged in and only go off the battery when typing or web browsing. I recently attempted to play Crysis off the battery and got terribley choppy frames, as was the same for Quake Wars. I was unsure of why this was happening for quite some time, until I found the problem. In order to get the same performance as you would when plugged in, you must set your power scheme to "high performance" mode. Just thought I would post this in case other owners are struggling with the same problem.
    Sager NP5792

Microsoft Windows Vista Premium 64-Bit
    17" WUXGA
    Intel Core 2 Duo T7700 2.4GHz
    4 GB DDR2 667 RAM
    1 GB Intel Robson Turbo Memory
    500 GB 7200RPM Seagate Momentus HD
    nVidia GeForce 8800M GTX 512MB GDDR3

FORUM TROLL 4 LIFE
    http://teamamerimixwcg.blogspot.com/...online_05.html

I've found this to be normal on every gaming laptop I've used (the Sager being my 3rd gaming laptop PC).

There are several system features at work here. First your CPU can reduce it's clock when on battery (SpeedStep). Second your GPU can do the same thing (PowerMizer).

I believe that the Vista performance options might only affect the CPU and not the GPU, but I could be wrong. I would be interested in seeing the NVidia PowerMizer section of the control panel unlocked and testing if that has any effect on battery life.

With Vista it is much easier to control the CPU SpeedStep feature. If you are using XP you may have to investigate BIOS options if you want to disable SpeedStep / battery power conservation.

I do personally play low-end games while on battery and usually enjoy the extra battery life this feature provides.

Comment

Due to the high requrements of performance, the sager 579x is normally not as performant unde battery mode as it is under AC. From my experience, gaming under battery mode, regardless of the setting will be worse than under AC.
      Personal Quote :
      Angelina can make your fps rise faster and faster.
      Your laptop will always lag next to her
      I would configure her with bigger...
      Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

Working...
      X