• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSI-MS-1719

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSI-MS-1719

I want to get a fairly decent (gaming) laptop that'll last me for a while. but i don't want to spend a small fortune on one like Clevo D901C (a.k.a. sager np9262) as much as i'd like to have it, i'm not rich. i like the MSI-MS-1719 and it's not too expesive. The barebones version is very enticing because i want it'll be cheaper and i can put (almost) what ever i want in it. which leads me to my questions. What socket is the CPU, and how many pins is the RAM? I want the turbo memory, how does is it install(i.e. where)? and my main question; whats the deal with the video card on this one. what are the limits and what would you suggest? i built my own pc and so on so i know what i'm doing, mostly. Or, if someone has a better idea on a barebones laptop, i'm open to suggestions!

Hi, I don't know much about this laptop first hand. I did find a pretty helpful review on notebookreview.com you may want to check it out.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=189393

The main reasons I did not choose this laptop were the following:
    -I had a higher budget!
    -I heard the build was somewhat flimsy (a finger on the back of the screen could be seen ripple across the LCD)
    -I wanted a better video card that was upgradable
    -I wanted a unique look without having to pay extra for a paintjob

If the 17 in. is a must for you, than this is a great price for a gaming machine. However if you are willing to go with a 15 in. I'm pretty sure you could get a really nice laptop for the same price. (NP2090)

Thats just my opinon, Take it or leave it :wink:
    Sager NP5792
    Alienware M11x-R1
    WUXGA Glossy
    11.6" WXVGA Glossy
    2.4GHz Core 2 Duo
    1.3GHz CULV Core 2 Duo OCed to 1.76GHz
    GeForce 8800GTX
    GeForce GT 335m
    4,096 DDR2 667 Memory
    4,096 DDR3 800 Memory
    200 Gb 7200 RPM SATA 150
    128 Gb GSkill Falcon SSD
    64 bit Vista Home Premium
    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Comment

thanks for the advice robamb2002

and no, a 17 in. isn't a must but a WUXGA screen is. :wink:

also, i suppose i should have specified this before
      i want to buy a barebones with a WUXGA screen and a user upgradable G-card. screen size isn't a big deal. but i can't find any laptops like that. probably doesn't exist. if anyone has found one.....

i suppose that if i get the 1719 then the only video cardi can put in is the 8600gt? and that if it doesn't say otherwise then the video card can't be upgraded?

what do i have to go through to get a laptop video card too? and where?

Comment

The 8600 is the only video card that will work in the MS-1719.

Video cards will always come included in a laptop even on barebone laptops.

Comment

I know you can get the clevo M570RU as a barebone system at other online stores. That system has the WUXGA LCD and upgradable G-Card. Its a bit more expensive than the MSI MS-1719 but it has what you want. I wonder if XoticPC would sell the system barebones if you contacted them? I would try XoticPC before going to someone else, because they simply have the best prices and best service! I would call sales or just wait for an admin to respond to this 8)
          Sager NP5792
          Alienware M11x-R1
          WUXGA Glossy
          11.6" WXVGA Glossy
          2.4GHz Core 2 Duo
          1.3GHz CULV Core 2 Duo OCed to 1.76GHz
          GeForce 8800GTX
          GeForce GT 335m
          4,096 DDR2 667 Memory
          4,096 DDR3 800 Memory
          200 Gb 7200 RPM SATA 150
          128 Gb GSkill Falcon SSD
          64 bit Vista Home Premium
          Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Comment

yeah, i did see the clevo M570RU with its upgradable graphics card and wuxga screen. that is the laptop i want but the price is much different. for the ideal setup(approximatly,vga card not as good as i want) for me with the MSI, i can get just the barebones of the clevo, although i do love the clevo.....(note:my price is based on buying the MSI barebones system for $887 and upgrading it myself)

LOL, i'm sure that Xotic PC really appreciates that you trying to keep my buisness here.

Comment

The Sager np5792/2 can be purchased without the memory and HD. The CPU, Graphics card, and all other components have to be included.

Comment

Working...
              X