• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sager NP579x Fan Firmware Updated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sager NP579x Fan Firmware Updated

After reviewing the multiple threads regarding fan noise on Sager M579x (Clevo M570RU) series, sager had made additional fan firmware adjustments with Clevo and has receive the following adjusted firmware. “Version 1.00.07Sb”

How-to ID your firmware version:
    Please turn on “Boot-time Diagnostic Screen:” in the system BIOS to disable the boot logo
    Then review the line” KBC/EC Firmware Revision:” during the system POST screen

Standard stock firmware from Clevo: 1.00.xx
    Sager Edition: 1.00.07Sa (Sager revision a) what we have released last week.
    Sager Edition: 1.00.07Sb (Sager revision b) released today 1/21/2008

Fn+1: Full Fan Speed

Fn+3: Mid Fan Speed (however fan will still automatic adjust speed up to full speed if temperature reaches our preset High throttle point, and back to Mid speed when cooled down.)

Fn+2: remains as system original default to enable / disables SRS audio.

Starting today all new sager NP579x series will be shipped with this new firmware version, and Sager customers can request the firmware update from their Sager reseller or directly with sager Techsupport.

Please email your request to [email protected] with your system serial number.
    Justin Nolte
    [email protected]
    http://www.xoticpc.com

Is it a good idea to upate even if I havent had any issues?
    Sager NP5792

Microsoft Windows Vista Premium 64-Bit
    17" WUXGA
    Intel Core 2 Duo T7700 2.4GHz
    4 GB DDR2 667 RAM
    1 GB Intel Robson Turbo Memory
    500 GB 7200RPM Seagate Momentus HD
    nVidia GeForce 8800M GTX 512MB GDDR3

FORUM TROLL 4 LIFE
    http://teamamerimixwcg.blogspot.com/...online_05.html

Comment

If you have no complaints about the fan noise and everything is working perfect, i would leave the system as is and not do any firmware updates.

Comment

A new Sager NP579x EC(Fan) firmware has been released and posted on www.sagernotebook.com version 1.00.07Sd

This release should prevent the GPU fan from turning off and on with in low temperature environment when Fn+3 mid-fan speed is enabled.
        Justin Nolte
        [email protected]
        http://www.xoticpc.com

Comment

Hi, how do I update the fan firmware? I downloaded it from sagernotebooks.com and when I decompress it I get an an empty iso file?

Comment

You burn that .iso file onto a CD, and boot with it. You press ok when the setup asks to continue, and wait for confirmation and follow on screen instructions.
            Personal Quote :
            Angelina can make your fps rise faster and faster.
            Your laptop will always lag next to her
            I would configure her with bigger...
            Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

Working...
            X