• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About the Nvidia 8800 GTX driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About the Nvidia 8800 GTX driver

Where can I get my nvidia 8800 driver update. I'm using the Sager NP9262 and I'm not sure exactly where to load. If anyone has a link that would be wonderful . Thanks! 8)
    Sager NP9262. Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz, 8MB L2Cache, 1066Mhz FSB. Nvidia 88800M GTX 512MB. 160 & 200GB 7200RPM (Serial-ATA II 3) 4,096MB DDR2 800 . 1920 x 1200 Glossy Screen Resolution. Windows Vista Home Premium 64-B.

Try http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/drivers You might also look around the Sager/Clevo section of Notebookreview.com's forums. Users have reported their results with various driver versions in games.

Note: If you use the drivers from laptopvideo2go, you -must- follow the instructions for the driver to properly install. Also, Xotic may or may not support any calls made that relate to the modded drivers. They aren't 'official' drivers for the laptop cards. Justin could probably give you a thumbs up or down on support with those modified drivers

Comment

should I update the graphics driver via sager website or the link you gave me? Which one in that link do I download? which would be better between the two? :?
      Sager NP9262. Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz, 8MB L2Cache, 1066Mhz FSB. Nvidia 88800M GTX 512MB. 160 & 200GB 7200RPM (Serial-ATA II 3) 4,096MB DDR2 800 . 1920 x 1200 Glossy Screen Resolution. Windows Vista Home Premium 64-B.

Comment

Try the Sager drivers first, since they're official

Comment

I updated to 169.28 from laptopvideo2go and it worked fine. I was hoping it would fix the 59hz refresh rate issue, but it didn't.

Comment

http://www.sagernotebook.com/informa...formation_id=7

Sager has released a new driver a few days ago.

Remove your driver with Driver Sweeper and then install this new one by Sager.

It fixed my 59hz issue with the 9262.

Comment

I installed the new driver earlier today.... and now I have a 61Hz option . Is that supposed to happen?
              Sager NP5792

Microsoft Windows Vista Premium 64-Bit
              17" WUXGA
              Intel Core 2 Duo T7700 2.4GHz
              4 GB DDR2 667 RAM
              1 GB Intel Robson Turbo Memory
              500 GB 7200RPM Seagate Momentus HD
              nVidia GeForce 8800M GTX 512MB GDDR3

FORUM TROLL 4 LIFE
              http://teamamerimixwcg.blogspot.com/...online_05.html

Comment

Originally posted by Aryantes
                http://www.sagernotebook.com/information.php?information_id=7

Sager has released a new driver a few days ago.

Remove your driver with Driver Sweeper and then install this new one by Sager.

It fixed my 59hz issue with the 9262.
                That's awesome to hear! However, I installed the same driver before going to the laptopvideo2go 169.28 and I still only had the 59hz option. I didn't use Driver Sweeper but I'll give it a shot and report my results.

OregonCoastGamer, I'm not sure if it's supposed to happen, but I can tell you that you're not alone. I've seen reports of values between 59hz and 63hz.

Comment

do you need to downlaod driver sweeper or is it on vista already?

Comment

Originally posted by TheOaKMaN
                    do you need to downlaod driver sweeper or is it on vista already?
                    It's a 3rd party application. I just Googled it and it brought up a link at guru3d.com. I'll download it from there because it's a reputable site. I'm at work and haven't had a chance to clean and re-install the graphics driver yet. Hopefully, I'll be able to shortly.

Comment

Update:

It works! I now have the choice of 59hz and 60hz, which defaults to the latter. Thanks for suggesting Driver Sweeper, Aryantes. For those unsure of the steps to follow, they are:

1. Uninstall the nVIDIA drivers from Programs and Features.
                      2. Reboot into Safe Mode.
                      3. Run Driver Sweeper.
                      4. Reboot.
                      5. Install the Sager nVIDIA drivers.
                      6. Reboot.

I may give it a shot later using the laptopvideo2go drivers but, for now, I'm leaving it as is.

Comment

I couldn't run driver sweeper it said: Unable to write to C:\Program Files\Driver Sweeper\G3DDS.ini., and i have already removed my nvidia driver, now im really screwed. Can anyone help me please? how can i restart vista in safe mode, i have no idea

Comment

Just after you see the initial Sager screen (or the POST screen if you've enabled boot diagnostic messages in the BIOS) keep tapping F8 until you get a menu. Safe mode will be one of the options. I'm not sure why it wouldn't be able to write to the ini file, unless UAC is interfering. An INI file is essentially just a text file. I'm running Vista under the TRUE Administrator account so I don't have to deal with the headaches of Microsoft's attempt at a secure OS. Let us know if you need further help.

Comment

thanks for the help, i got it fixed.

Comment

Excellent, glad to hear it.

Comment

Working...
                              X