• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NP9262 8800M SLi drivers ready?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NP9262 8800M SLi drivers ready?

Hi everyone,

I dont know how many on here are still waiting for the SLi version of their laptop's to arrive, but I have been looking on forums almost every day since ordering mine, and I found something on the forums at notebookreview.com that got me very excited.....

http://forum.notebookreview.com/show...=209817&page=6

Obviously I don't know whether this information is reliable or not, but the thoughts of getting my laptop before the end of Feb sure got me going.

I just hope that the info is reliable - hopefully [email protected] might have more light to shed on this subject.

I just thought I'd let everybody know - but don't shoot the messenger if it's unreliable information, I just got excited at the prospect.
    Sager NP9262 (on pre-order)

The beginning:
    Core2Duo E6850
    4GB RAM
    2x 8800M GTX SLi
    1x 80GB HDD
    TV Tuner, SB X-Fi Xpress

The Finished project:
    Core2Quad Q6600 (or better)
    2x 32/64GB SATA SSD's
    1x 250GB+ HDD in bay 3

This topic is still under NDA, Sager has not changed their end of Feb ETA.
    Justin Nolte
    [email protected]
    http://www.xoticpc.com

Comment

I've been (as usual) watching the posts on the forums here and over at notebookreview.com and have come to one conclusion over on the xoticpc forum:

Either - I am the only one still waiting for a SLi 9262 or.........

I guess those that are still waiting aren't bothered when they get theirs!

isn't anybody on here curious about developments over at Xotic/Sager regarding this laptop?

Maybe all of you that ordered the SLi setup decided to have the single card order, then the 2nd card once it is available? - perhaps maybe?

I know the suspense is killing me - I'd have thought that an announcement was imminent after all - Dell have formally announced the availability of their XPS1730 with 2x8800's ready from Feb 19th.
      Sager NP9262 (on pre-order)

The beginning:
      Core2Duo E6850
      4GB RAM
      2x 8800M GTX SLi
      1x 80GB HDD
      TV Tuner, SB X-Fi Xpress

The Finished project:
      Core2Quad Q6600 (or better)
      2x 32/64GB SATA SSD's
      1x 250GB+ HDD in bay 3

Comment

I originally wanted to pre-order the SLI configuration but I figured I wanted my laptop earlier.

I have the 9262 with a single 8800 and will wait for the SLI to come out then order the second card.

I check forums multiple times a day and hope that i will see the SLI announcement haha.

I guess it will be around the time Dell comes out with theirs.

Comment

You aren't alone, Andy. I'm waiting for 9262 with SLI 8800M because i've chosen to have all in one shipment. I'm living in Italy, so two distinct shipments could cause much more troubles about shipment and custom duties. But, like you, i'm very anxious, especially about order tracking:
          Originally posted by [email protected]
          ...For international orders there is no tracking information provided, as this significantly increases the shipping cost (switching to UPS). However, the package is fully insured and signature is required upon delivery...
          I will know order tracking only through USPS, but when delivery will arrive in Italy i haven't further information.

Comment

Working...
          X