• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Sager 2092 (Compal JFL92) Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Sager 2092 (Compal JFL92) Released!

Sager has just released the new Sager 2092. It is built off of the Compal JFL92. They are in stock and expected to start shipping by the first of next week.

The main differences between the 2090 and the 2092 is
    1)Penryn Processor Support
    2)Return of the Matte 15.4" WSXGA+
    Justin Nolte
    [email protected]
    http://www.xoticpc.com

will there be a glossy version of the screen released?

Comment

there will be a glossy version available in the Force Version that will be released tomorrow.
      Justin Nolte
      [email protected]
      http://www.xoticpc.com

Comment

Gotta love technology...It's been almost 2 weeks now since I ordered my 2090 and it's shipping as we speak...and now I read that they've come out with the 2092....

Comment

Originally posted by prin
          Gotta love technology...It's been almost 2 weeks now since I ordered my 2090 and it's shipping as we speak...and now I read that they've come out with the 2092....
          I am in the same exact boat. My NP2090 is being shipped at the moment. But what is the difference between the Santa Rosa platform and the Penryn platform?

Comment

penryn offers higher clockspeeds (2.5 & 2.6) and a larger level 2 chache (6mb instead of 4mb) besides that they are pretty similar. both have 800Mhz FSB and don't support DDR3 RAM.
            Sager NP5792
            Alienware M11x-R1
            WUXGA Glossy
            11.6" WXVGA Glossy
            2.4GHz Core 2 Duo
            1.3GHz CULV Core 2 Duo OCed to 1.76GHz
            GeForce 8800GTX
            GeForce GT 335m
            4,096 DDR2 667 Memory
            4,096 DDR3 800 Memory
            200 Gb 7200 RPM SATA 150
            128 Gb GSkill Falcon SSD