• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tell others about your Sager NP9262 experience :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell others about your Sager NP9262 experience :D

I ordered my Sager on Jan 11. Order went though on the 17. Recieve it on the 31st. So far Im VERY HAPPY WITH IT!!! Run crysis all high with 25-30ish FPS, AWESEOM! UT3 with everything maxed in 1920 x 1200 and got 50-60 fps, it looks AMAZING CS Source = never lag EVER!!! the lowest in a 30 people game is about 60, doesnt happen much though, the hiest is like 300!!!! :lol:

Anyways im very happy with mine. Anyone else want to share their experience? Thanks Xoticpc and Justin for keeping replying my e-mails and provided me a great laptop

Hopefully it lasts 3 years atleast :twisted:
    Sager NP9262. Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz, 8MB L2Cache, 1066Mhz FSB. Nvidia 88800M GTX 512MB. 160 & 200GB 7200RPM (Serial-ATA II 3) 4,096MB DDR2 800 . 1920 x 1200 Glossy Screen Resolution. Windows Vista Home Premium 64-B.

I had a bad speaker and had the unfortunate experience of a bad tech support procedure for this defect. I'll be writing up instructions to help everyone correctly identify a bad speaker and to help them get tech support to identify the problem.

Comment

Re: Tell others about your Sager NP9262 experience

Originally posted by TheOaKMaN
      I ordered my Sager on Jan 11. Order went though on the 17. Recieve it on the 31st. So far Im VERY HAPPY WITH IT!!! Run crysis all high with 25-30ish FPS, AWESEOM! UT3 with everything maxed in 1920 x 1200 and got 50-60 fps, it looks AMAZING CS Source = never lag EVER!!! the lowest in a 30 people game is about 60, doesnt happen much though, the hiest is like 300!!!! :lol:

Anyways im very happy with mine. Anyone else want to share their experience? Thanks Xoticpc and Justin for keeping replying my e-mails and provided me a great laptop

Hopefully it lasts 3 years atleast :twisted:

Yeah i love my laptop, i can play crysis on hi and same with bio shock and COD4

but what sucks is i have a stuck pixel, on the left middle of the screen that shows up blue everytime a black background shows up
      kinda gets annoying but i hear it fixes its self after a while i dunno

but other than that
      my laptop is wayy fast
      and semi protable

Comment

I've had a pretty positive overall experience with a few hiccups. I placed my pre-order on Dec. 6th. The check from accounts payable was sent on Dec. 28th. I received the laptop on Jan. 23rd. I opened the box and my X-Fi express card was missing. I called and was informed they were on back order. About a week later, I realized I didn't receive my media center express card remote, since I hadn't had time to test the TV-tuner. I called and learned that no TV-tuner had been installed, even though it was on the purchase order and quote. I called and was told they would ship one to me. It should be here tomorrow.

XoticPC's customer service has been great. I would buy from them again and would recommend them to anyone.

As for the laptop, I LOVE it! I only have a couple of complaints about it. First of all, the 10-key numeric keypad is not standard, with the placement of the enter, period, and plus keys, so 10-key typing at a normal speed is impossible without re-learning the layout. Secondly, the placement of the USB ports couldn't be worse, except to be in the front of the case or in the middle of the LCD, but neither are things that I can't get over. The performance of the laptop is phenomenal and I have no regrets about the purchase.

Comment

Yea the performance of this thing is amazing. When I first glanced at it I thought size would be a problem but now it's not such a big deal. Now when I try smaller notebooks I feel so cramped. Now that I've gone with a 17 '' Sager notebook I can never go back.

Comment

I agree. It would be hard to use anything else now. I've experienced a couple of issues lately, which I hope are just Vista related. It started locking up a day or two ago within a couple of minutes of startup. After rebooting it works fine. I also took the cooling pad out of the mix because this thing was designed with sufficient cooling without using a cooling pad. Eventually, I may pick up a better cooling pad and give it a try. I had no lock ups today so maybe it was just a temporary issue. Also, it seems somewhat sluggish after leaving it on all night and returning to it. I'm sure the latter is a configuration issue because memory usage is around 2.5 GB at the time. The fun part will be tracking it down. I'm crossing my fingers that Vista SP1 fixes some of the issues.

This thing is built like a rock and I love it. I've been playing Company Of Heroes, Command & Conquer 3, and I just picked up World In Conflict. They all run very very well.

Comment

I also had a few issues with boot lock ups, but not anymore. Leaving it on for a long time may trigger the Fingerprint ware to start hogging up your memory. Make sure to check using your taskmanager and end the process if its over 10000 kbs.
              Sager NP5792

Microsoft Windows Vista Premium 64-Bit
              17" WUXGA
              Intel Core 2 Duo T7700 2.4GHz
              4 GB DDR2 667 RAM
              1 GB Intel Robson Turbo Memory
              500 GB 7200RPM Seagate Momentus HD
              nVidia GeForce 8800M GTX 512MB GDDR3

FORUM TROLL 4 LIFE
              http://teamamerimixwcg.blogspot.com/...online_05.html

Comment

Thanks for the tip, but I have the 9262 and have no fingerprint reader. The process using the most memory is one of the many svchost.exe processes, which is around 170 MB. On bootup, the total RAM usage is around 1.3 GB with 79 processes running. It's not a big issue to reboot but I'm one of the types that likes to have everything running in top shape and it annoys me when I can't figure out what's going on.

Comment

Oops forgot this was the NP9262... but still check the processes to see what is occupying the RAM.
                  Sager NP5792

Microsoft Windows Vista Premium 64-Bit
                  17" WUXGA
                  Intel Core 2 Duo T7700 2.4GHz
                  4 GB DDR2 667 RAM
                  1 GB Intel Robson Turbo Memory
                  500 GB 7200RPM Seagate Momentus HD
                  nVidia GeForce 8800M GTX 512MB GDDR3

FORUM TROLL 4 LIFE
                  http://teamamerimixwcg.blogspot.com/...online_05.html

Comment

Originally posted by Kubaton
                    Eventually, I may pick up a better cooling pad and give it a try.
                    It's quite difficult to find a cooling pad which supports the cooling requirements and size of the NP926x

For desk-bound applications any 17" laptop cooler should be ok. A partial (i.e. rear-only) cooler will work just fine for desk-bound placements.

I did some research and I think the model XoticPC provides is more appropriate for desk-bound applications. For people who use their laptop on their lap (as I do approximately 50% of the time) I recommend something like the "lapinator plus" product (lapinator.com).

The only minus of the lapinator plus is that you need to use the included support feet or you will overheat and those feet do not adequately support the NP926x's own airflow support nubs.

Comment

Working...
                    X