• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows XP Pro on 5792/3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows XP Pro on 5792/3

Just curious if anyone is running XP Pro on their new Sager; 5792/3 in particular, and if so, does everything work well? Any compatibility issues with the drivers, etc? Thanks for your input!

p.s. I'm looking at buying one but the thought of Vista scares me, plus 7 is right around the corner
    Sager NP5793
    Vista HP x64
    17" WUXGA
    Core 2 Duo T9300 2.5Ghz 6Mb L2 Cache
    4 GB DDR2 667Mhz RAM
    UJ-220 Blu-Ray Super Multi DVD
    200 GB HD 7200RPM
    Nvidia GeForce 8800M GTX
    TV Tuner Card

I just got the 5793 with Vista 64 Ultimate. I'm taking vista with a grain of salt, well, ok, more like a dump truck of salt. :roll:

It isn't that it is "bad", it is just such a resource hog. People complained about XP when it came out, but Vista is just crazy fat. And in order to do so many of the things that were easy in XP, like update video drivers, it is just driving me nuts.

I'm going to be contacting Microsoft to see if I can downgrade to XP. Since I bought Vista Ultimate with the laptop, I should be eligible. I really don't expect that many issues with it. They sell the laptop with XP if you want it, so if you just download the drives from Sager, you should be ok.

I have to wait to see if I'm going to have to send my laptop back first for a possible LCD repair. I'm almost certain that it will have to, as everything I've tried with tech support hasn't worked yet. At least you get through to someone right away and they speak english! :lol:

Comment

Working...
    X