• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NP9262 SLi Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NP9262 SLi Update

Update: 2/18/2008

Sager NP9262 w/SLI:
    We understand that there are many of you are patiently waiting for updates regarding Sager NP9262 (Clevo D901C) and nVIDIA GeForce 8800M GTX with SLi, Sager thanks everyone for being so patient.

There are still unresolved driver issues that require solving by nVIDIA & Clevo. Sager is working very closely with both nVIDIA & Clevo to get the issues resolved and that these open issues are on top of everyone’s list to be resolved and that all available resources with-in all parties are being allocated to resolve these issue.

However at this time we are uncertain if we will be able to meet our original end of Feb’08 target date, but the matter is just out of our control. Sager will keep following up with both nVIDIA and Clevo and will keep our customers posted as things progress forward.

Sager NP9262 w/ Intel Desktop Penryn processor E8xxx (Wolfdale) & Q9xxx (Yorkfield):

While both of these processors are scheduled to be tested, it is not a priority at this time, with all resources being assigned to the SLi issues. It will not be re-considered for further testing until the SLi issues has been resolved.
    Justin Nolte
    [email protected]
    http://www.xoticpc.com

Thanks for the update. It'll be nice when it's ready. But this thing is so nice, I can't really complain about the delay. It'll just be icing on the cake.

Comment

even though the sli is not ready why are they not atleast doing the upgrades that have asked for only one vid card?
      soon to have np9850 , q9000 , 4 gigs of ddr 3 at 1333mhz, duel NVIDIA 280m , duel 60 gig ssd's in raid 0 and 250 gig back up!!!!!!

Comment

Re: NP9262 SLi Update

Originally posted by [email protected]
        Update: 2/18/2008

Sager NP9262 w/SLI:
        ...However at this time we are uncertain if we will be able to meet our original end of Feb’08 target date...
        Justin.
        All customers (like me) that have bought that configuration since 12/06/07 are giving evidence of own great patience and probably would accept further delay (perhaps hoping to have the gift of new Penryn processor inside :wink: ).
        But at least would be desiderable to know next ETA. I know that information is out of your control, but could be possible to make pressure to Sager so to make this information of public domain? Otherwise all those customers have the only choice to cross finger and hope that, sooner or later, some news will come.

What do you think about it?

Comment

We will be rewarding customers that wait with a shipping upgrade. We have pressured Sager and continue to do so, but the problem resides with nVidia. We are fighting every day for our customers to get a solution as soon as possible. Due to NDA's Sager can only release so much to everyone about the problems with nVidia.
          Justin Nolte
          [email protected]

Comment

We will be rewarding customers that wait with a shipping upgrade.
            What do you mean? I don't understood.

We have pressured Sager and continue to do so, but the problem resides with nVidia. We are fighting every day for our customers to get a solution as soon as possible. Due to NDA's Sager can only release so much to everyone about the problems with nVidia.
            I've never had doubt about your good faith, but try to put in our shoes: who had chosen to wait (like me, because i don't want to pay twice duties: once for notebook, the other for 2nd card) actually has nothing in his hands. Know an ETA is a way to see the end of tunnel. I feel sorrow if you're fighting with customers. Those post don't have the aim to submit complaints, but only to have more clearness not by you, but by Sager and/or Clevo and/or nVidia (trough the seller whence i bought).
            Concerning about nVidia problems: actually Dell is selling a machine with 8800GTX in SLI (XPS 1730) and is shipping them now. If SLI issues would focused on nVidia driver problem, Dell also would delay shipping. On the other hand Sager is a company that sell rebranded Clevo barebones. Maybe there some issues about Clevo D901C barebone that prevent to mount 2 8800GTX in SLI (due heating dissipation or due other technical problems)? Clearly this is my speculation: actually i haven't any sign of that.

Comment

For US Customers we will provide a Free Upgrade in shipping. (or a discount in a shipping upgrade for International Customers)

Please realize that the driver being used is not the same as Dell as this is far from a Dell machine. There are NO issues with heat or anything resembling this. The problem is purely driver related and pending nVidia to finalize it as I have posted above.
              Justin Nolte
              [email protected]

Comment

For US Customers we will provide a Free Upgrade in shipping. (or a discount in a shipping upgrade for International Customers)
                Justin, first of all thanks for that offer.
                But normally customers have already payed shipping costs when they have submitted the order (for example, i have already done). Do you speak about a partial shipping cost refund?
                Wouldn't be better to let choose to customer if accept that offer or to foresee another way, like add a gift that has same worth of shipping upgrade, for example, free upgrade of a part, like CPU, Hard Disk, etc.? Clearly this in an hint, but that would further enhance the value, already high, of XoticPC company.
                What do you think?
                Please realize that the driver being used is not the same as Dell as this is far from a Dell machine. There are NO issues with heat or anything resembling this. The problem is purely driver related and pending nVidia to finalize it as I have posted above .
                Ah, i didn't know that there was difference between driver used in Dell machines and Clevo machines :oops: . As i said in my previous post, mine was only a speculation. Thanks for your specification .

Comment

We will not offer any discount but will offer free shipping upgrades or discounts on upgrades for International Customers. I am sorry we will not be offering free upgrades in the specifications of systems.
                  Justin Nolte
                  [email protected]

Comment

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/

Comment

Originally posted by danny_christ
                      http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/
                      What i might search that concerns topic argument?

Comment

Moderators, any update on the SLi situation w/ nVidia? Thanks for any insight you can give us...

later,
                        pat!

BTW...I'm in Phase 3!!!
                        Sager 9262 by XoticPC-17" WUXGA 1920x1200; Core 2 Quad Q6700, 8 MB Cache, 2.66; 4 GB RAM; 2x GeForce 8800mGTX SLi; Raid 5; 3-200 GB HD, 7200 RPM, 16 MB; Vista Ultimate; 2.0 cam; TV Tuner; Built in Creative Sound+X-Fi 7.1 Card; Painted/personalized!

Comment

I am sorry no update yet. The issues is still being worked out with Clevo and nVIDIA. We expect to see a resolution to this very soon.
                          Justin Nolte
                          [email protected]

Comment

thanks justin!
                            Sager 9262 by XoticPC-17" WUXGA 1920x1200; Core 2 Quad Q6700, 8 MB Cache, 2.66; 4 GB RAM; 2x GeForce 8800mGTX SLi; Raid 5; 3-200 GB HD, 7200 RPM, 16 MB; Vista Ultimate; 2.0 cam; TV Tuner; Built in Creative Sound+X-Fi 7.1 Card; Painted/personalized!

Comment

Justin,

I am looking to purchase a Sager NP9262, not for Gaming, but to use it for the parrel Processing using the NVidia CUDA API/SDK. I want the two video cards not for SLI but so one can display while one process data.

Now to my question:

NVidia states that it is the resonibility of the Laptop vendor to support the neccisary drivers needed to use the CUDA SDK/API. Do you know if the drivers that Sager is updating for the SLI configuration support CUDA programming?

If this is not the right forum to discuss this topic I would be glad to continue in private e-mail.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X