• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

stuck pixel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stuck pixel

It's been a few months since I've owned my NP9262 and I've just recently noticed a stuck pixel on the screen. It shows up as a red flickering dot. I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with these. I've heard that rubber or applying some pressure to the pixel will eventually get it to work but I am reluctant to do this since I don't want to damage the screen. What would be my best bet to try and remove it? Also, I didn't purchase the 0 dead pixel option so how many dead pixels would there have to be before it needs to be replaced?

I googled around a bit for you.
    Take a look at this :
    http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-a-Stuck-P...an-LCD-Monitor
    And this to attempt to fix it :
    http://killdeadpixel.com/

Comment

Yea i've tried some of the applications that flashes your screen to help remove it but they haven't been very succesful. Maybe I need to use it for a longer period of time.

Comment

Yeah. Just how long did you run it anyway ? Some of those sites recommend keeping it running overnight, like around 12 hours. Remember that there are some precautions involved, which you should take note of.

Comment

Yea I only let it run for maybe 20 minutes. I'll give it another shot and in case that doesn't work maybe I good flick will do it.

Comment

Let us know how it works out for you

Comment

Im having the same problem, i had a stuck pixel for a month now, and i tried all those septs and sitll hasnt worked, its a blue stuck pixel that shows clearly on a black background

i hear it fixes its self over time? i dunno

Comment

Yea I tried flashing it a couple of times for a few hours. It seems to have really died down now and I am unable to find it when looking at my desktop (before it was easy to spot) Now I can only notice it on a pure black background and even then it has become less noticable. It just shows a faint red blink so my guess is that when it comes to displaying completely black it has a bit of a difficult time. I think these things can fix themselves over time. I am no longer bothered by it.

Comment

Working...
                X