• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8800 gtx drivers problem... help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8800 gtx drivers problem... help

I tried to update the drivers but each time my 3dmark06 score goes from 9000 to 4000.... what should I do ?

thx
    Sager NP 5792
    8800M GTX ( 174.90 )
    1.00.08 BIOS
    .14 VBIOS
    NO DC !
    Nice !

Please use the stock drivers provided from Sager on this machine.
    Justin Nolte
    [email protected]
    http://www.xoticpc.com

Comment

Did you follow the instructions I posted in the previous thread about the video drivers, especially the part about cleaning out the old drivers first?

Comment

The SEARCH function works wonders.

Comment

Originally posted by Jus[email protected]
          Please use the stock drivers provided from Sager on this machine.
          >.> so other laptops get to update their drivers but the 5793 can't? I'm sure people would like an explanation on that.

Comment

Listen here, since this is a company ran forum on their machines im going to put it like this:

Justin says use Sagers drivers, why? Because they are official, system specific releases.

As a fifteen year veteran of working on PC's and being A+ certified, Ill say this, theres a website called laptopvideo2go, which offer "modded .inf" files and reverse engineered nVidia drivers, specifically for, LAPTOPS. nVidia themselves dont actually continuosly update their mobile graphics card solutions with forceware drivers as they do their desktop solutions, so a bunch of programmers got together and built custom drivers for nVidia mobile graphics cards.

EVERY SYSTEM REACTS DIFFERENTLY TO DIFFERENT DRIVERS, DEPENDING ON THE SETUP.

You can do one of two things, use the Sager Solution, which is suggested due to designer-specific reasons, OR, you can try out different mobile drivers that are modded, and as I have found out, depending on what your system setup is, what card you have, and what program you are trying to run optimally, can be outstanding solutions.

Personally, I would use Sagers at the moment, because they are giving scores over 10K in 3DMark06, which is absolutely amazing, why do you ask? BECAUSE SOME DESKTOPS WITH THE SAME CONFIGURATION DONT EVEN SCORE THAT HIGH.

If Sager is putting that much footwork into high performance GAMING laptops, I dont see it a far fetch that Sager will be bumping their prices up sooner than later, to A/W or Dell prices. Im not saying they should at all, thats why I chose Xoticpc's Sager solution, because they offer JESUS BEAST laptops that outperform Dell and A/W's solutions for HALF THE PRICE. Granted, our Chassis' may not be as attractice as theirs, and its a bit heavier, but thats what were doing here, It IS advertised as a desktop replacement right? I would think so, but hey, if youre buying a laptop for looks, youre kind of an idiot anyways, i mean come on, if you can get a laptop that outperforms the juggernauts of todays supposed "gaming laptops" and youre paying 3K for the same thing that they are selling at 6K, you should be smart enough to go hunting for some good drivers. BUT, as stated before, Sager is offering drivers that are pushing 10K at 3d mark....

Use Sagers Solution...that is...unless you dont like 10,300 3d mark scores..."scratches head"

Comment

Originally posted by Mosaic
              Listen here, since this is a company ran forum on their machines im going to put it like this:

Justin says use Sagers drivers, why? Because they are official, system specific releases.

As a fifteen year veteran of working on PC's and being A+ certified, Ill say this, theres a website called laptopvideo2go, which offer "modded .inf" files and reverse engineered nVidia drivers, specifically for, LAPTOPS. nVidia themselves dont actually continuosly update their mobile graphics card solutions with forceware drivers as they do their desktop solutions, so a bunch of programmers got together and built custom drivers for nVidia mobile graphics cards.

EVERY SYSTEM REACTS DIFFERENTLY TO DIFFERENT DRIVERS, DEPENDING ON THE SETUP.

You can do one of two things, use the Sager Solution, which is suggested due to designer-specific reasons, OR, you can try out different mobile drivers that are modded, and as I have found out, depending on what your system setup is, what card you have, and what program you are trying to run optimally, can be outstanding solutions.

Personally, I would use Sagers at the moment, because they are giving scores over 10K in 3DMark06, which is absolutely amazing, why do you ask? BECAUSE SOME DESKTOPS WITH THE SAME CONFIGURATION DONT EVEN SCORE THAT HIGH.

If Sager is putting that much footwork into high performance GAMING laptops, I dont see it a far fetch that Sager will be bumping their prices up sooner than later, to A/W or Dell prices. Im not saying they should at all, thats why I chose Xoticpc's Sager solution, because they offer JESUS BEAST laptops that outperform Dell and A/W's solutions for HALF THE PRICE. Granted, our Chassis' may not be as attractice as theirs, and its a bit heavier, but thats what were doing here, It IS advertised as a desktop replacement right? I would think so, but hey, if youre buying a laptop for looks, youre kind of an idiot anyways, i mean come on, if you can get a laptop that outperforms the juggernauts of todays supposed "gaming laptops" and youre paying 3K for the same thing that they are selling at 6K, you should be smart enough to go hunting for some good drivers. BUT, as stated before, Sager is offering drivers that are pushing 10K at 3d mark....

Use Sagers Solution...that is...unless you dont like 10,300 3d mark scores..."scratches head"
              pretty obvious you don't own one of these laptops because the score you gave is only on the np9262 and thats only due to the quadcore. As for drivers, even the dell sli 8800m gtx can use the drivers from laptopvideo2go while sager/clevo 8800m gtx's can't. Thats why I'd like to know whats going on. Not only do the drivers downclock the card, but they lock it at those clocks, you can't use rivatuner, ntune or ati tool to set the clocks back to normal. Also the drivers provided are 3 months old now...anyone could tell you thats pushing it for not updating drivers.

Comment

Having a driver 3 months old is nothing to be concerned about. :wink: Sager only supports their official driver. Unfortunately they will not provide information (just as Dell) on why a 3rd Party Driver will not work.
                Justin Nolte
                [email protected]
                http://www.xoticpc.com

Comment

new bios provided from eurocom increased driver support, can now use drivers from the 169 series, but still not 17X, but thank you Justin for at least acknowledging that it is a problem.

Comment

Working...
                  X