• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should I expect from my 5792?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should I expect from my 5792?

I am posting this, because I have become official unhappy with the performance of my 5792, and wish to remedy the situation. Hopefully someone will beable to help me, to help my Sager.

4gigs ram
    vista 64 sp1

In 3dmark06 I can not get a score above 5000, I think the last run was 4728. I cannot run CoD4 at 1920by1080 with out some pretty bad lag, and thats with no AA. Is this what I should expect from this machine with vista 64? Just doesnt seem right. There is a post a couple notches down where a stock 5793 scored nearly a 10000. Is that how much of a difference xp makes?

I pride myself on keeping a clean machine, and there is certainly not a bunch of crap programs running taking up resources. Infact I would consider it pretty spartan, especially when running tests and playing games, since I kill my virus hunter and torrent progs.

So perhaps my drivers are flawed? I have all the ones from Sagers website installed. Any suggestions, or is this normal. Playing Crysis is pointless. I have to throttle down the graphics so much that it defeats the whole point of DX10.

Help!!
    johnny

That doesn't seem right.... I can play any game maxed and Crysis at high settings. You may want to check your system processes on the taskmanager to make sure nothing is malfunctioning. My fingerprint reader will take up 3 GB of RAM and 80% of the CPU if I dont shut it off when I log in. Also, I hear the newest stockdrivers cut the 3dmark in half. Stick to the original drivers there. If your playing and aren't plugged in the frames go to [email protected] because the GPU can't get enough power. Hoefully it gets better for you, cause this thing is areal beast at its fullest capability.
    Sager NP5792

Microsoft Windows Vista Premium 64-Bit
    17" WUXGA
    Intel Core 2 Duo T7700 2.4GHz
    4 GB DDR2 667 RAM
    1 GB Intel Robson Turbo Memory
    500 GB 7200RPM Seagate Momentus HD
    nVidia GeForce 8800M GTX 512MB GDDR3

FORUM TROLL 4 LIFE
    http://teamamerimixwcg.blogspot.com/...online_05.html

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply! I am definetly running on AC power and it even sits atop a nice chill pad. Also I use the Dvi out exclusively, running to my 52in 1080p samsung via hdmi. I dont think that makes it any harder on the gpu but not sure so thought Id mention it.

The processes seem fine, nothing appears to be malfunctioning, but not exactly sure what would qualify something as malfunctioning. Are you suggesting busting out the discs that came with the system and using the drivers from them, not even the updated ones on sagers site? I guess I could try that. Will I have to do anything special to install older drivers over new ones?

Also I have one of the preorder computers if that matters. Also, what is the deal with ntune not working with the 8800m?

Any info is greatly appreciated!
      Thanks
      johnny

Comment

I recommend usng the older nVidia driver, but the others drivers are fine to update. A lot of people have been experiencing problems with the fingerprint reader taking up a lot of memory and CPU. You check that under processes and orgaize it by memory. If the fingerprint reader is over 1 GB then stop or disable it. I don't use an external monitor and I am not too sure of how it effects performance. As to the ntune issue, I think the 8800M GTX was sorta forced out onto the market. It may be a while until all the compatability issues etc. are ironed out.
        Sager NP5792

17" WUXGA
        4 GB DDR2 667 RAM

FORUM TROLL 4 LIFE

Comment

Well your recomendation was totally right. Just installed the old nvidia driver that was on the utilities disc and WOW!!! LOL Double the 3dmark06 score!!! 8879!!

Im not sure if this link will continue to work but heres the pudding: http://service.futuremark.com/home.a...43904EEE5DF5E5

Thanks bro, problem solved easy enough. Now what in the world would cause this?

Comment

The newer driver version apparently addressed the refresh rate problem that some people were having, but in doing so it also screwed up some stuff. Hopefully the next driver will have some major fixes. Glad to hear that helped. Have fun gaming.
            Sager NP5792

17" WUXGA
            4 GB DDR2 667 RAM

FORUM TROLL 4 LIFE

Comment

Can anyone tell me if there has been new drivers released that work correctly? Just seems as though I should be updating from the OEM drivers by now, or should I just leave well enough alone?

thanks again,
              Johnny

Comment

If it ain't broke.....

Leave it to O. C. G. to find out which drivers work when they become available. I think he is shooting for moderator, or GOD.
                Sometimes living on a boat is like living in a cave.

Comment

Lol. I learned the driver problem by experience, I had installed the newest version and my frames got cut in half.... and what's wrong with wanting to be god anyways .
                  Sager NP5792

17" WUXGA
                  4 GB DDR2 667 RAM

FORUM TROLL 4 LIFE

Comment

Working...