• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gaming OS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaming OS

hello everybody,

what is the best gaming os (fast, support, games, stable)?????

I would recommend vista primarily for the fact that it has DX10

Comment

XP will most likely give you the best performance at the moment, but as soon as DX10 is smoothed out into something workable, Vista will be better. Quite a few new games which have DX10 support will now actually perform better in DX10 than DX9. I would say Vista would be the way to go.
      Sager NP5792

Microsoft Windows Vista Premium 64-Bit
      17" WUXGA
      Intel Core 2 Duo T7700 2.4GHz
      4 GB DDR2 667 RAM
      1 GB Intel Robson Turbo Memory
      500 GB 7200RPM Seagate Momentus HD
      nVidia GeForce 8800M GTX 512MB GDDR3

FORUM TROLL 4 LIFE
      http://teamamerimixwcg.blogspot.com/...online_05.html

Comment

Assassin's Creed, for example, performs better in DX10 than DX9..

Comment

IMO XP is better for professional gaming
          but.... don't install any extra crap, be careful with drivers and be ready to roll forward/back drivers, be ready to put it thru some massive stability testing

Vista is much much better for casual gaming
          Most crappy driver writers (with a few exceptions... *cough*DELL*cough*) don't have a handle on Vista so you don't get the lazy programmer crap slowing your system down. Also I like Vista better for switching between applications.

yea some of my reasons seem anecdotal, and they are... all based on personal experience in part shaped by installing Vista RTM on a few boxes and rolling some of them back to XP.

Comment

There have been a lot of debates about which is better for gaming.
            Xp will give you a 10-15 % boost in fps , especially in older games, but nowadays, Vista is starting to catch up, and SP1 seems to help a lot in terms of performance.
            Also, note that Vista has more features and a better stability than XP.And it is also futureproof, since XP will be discontinued in June 2008.
            Personal Quote :
            Angelina can make your fps rise faster and faster.
            Your laptop will always lag next to her
            I would configure her with bigger...
            Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

Also note that a 64-bit version of Vista produces better results in gaming than it's 32-bit counterpart.

Comment

Originally posted by Prasad007
                Assassin's Creed, for example, performs better in DX10 than DX9..
                While they do say it will run faster under dx10, I haven't seen a dx10 vista vs dx9 xp test.

Comment

It's a Vista-only comparison. XP will always perform faster than Vista , but then again it can't support future DX10-only games

Comment

I hate Vista. I LOVE DX10. It's one of those things. DX10 makes things look awesome. Vista sucks. Vista is evil. I'll learn to coexist with it, because DX10 is not something I wanna do without. Once you've looked at a game thru DX10, it'll never be the same. Frame rates isn't all there's to it. So my vote, as much as I hate to admit it, is going to have to be with Vista, for the DX10 alone.

I go through this almost every time MS cranks out one of their OS's, you learn to live with it.... eventually.
                    Proud Mom of a:
                    SAGER NP9262
                    Intel Core 2 QUAD Q6700 2.66GHz
                    nVidia GeForce 8800GTX 512MB x2 SLi config
                    4,096MB DDR2 800
                    RAIDed 3x200MB SATA2 7200RPM HDDs
                    8x8x6x4x DVD +/-R/RW 5x DVD-RAM 24x CD-R/RW
                    Vista Ultimate 64-bit & RH Linux ES 5 dual boot

Comment

I remember seeing somewhere a dx10 standalone for XP. This intrigued me, however seeing as I was running Vista I did not pursue it... obviously it would not be official. has anyone else encountered this? is it a phony?
                      Sager NP5792
                      Alienware M11x-R1
                      WUXGA Glossy
                      11.6" WXVGA Glossy
                      2.4GHz Core 2 Duo
                      1.3GHz CULV Core 2 Duo OCed to 1.76GHz
                      GeForce 8800GTX
                      GeForce GT 335m
                      4,096 DDR2 667 Memory
                      4,096 DDR3 800 Memory
                      200 Gb 7200 RPM SATA 150
                      128 Gb GSkill Falcon SSD
                      64 bit Vista Home Premium
                      Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Comment

i hear microsoft is coming out with ANOTHER os in 2009...hell vista sp1 JUST was realeased 3 or 4 days ago. lmao
                        Sager np9262: 17" 1920x1200wuxga, E6850 Core2duo 3.0ghz 1.3ghz fsb 4mb L2 cache, 4Gb 800mhz ram, 1x nvidia geforce 8800mgtx 512mb gpu, 3x100gb hdd 7200rpm, Raid 0, vista ultimate x64 os, tv tuner, x-fi 7.1 sound card, triple fan cooler, 3Dmark06 9745

Comment

sorry but its not 2009 and its ETA is sometime in 2010 supposedly they will call it "Windows 7".

Now back on topic. I run both systems XP, and Vista. For hardcore gamers that care about their 3Dmark06 and framerate scores stick with XP. For the ones Hungry for new games that will take advantage of DX10 go with Vista.

Comment

Working...
                          X