• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overclocking a 5793

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overclocking a 5793

Can this lappy be OC'ed? I likely wouldn't do it often. I just like doing it because I like doing it. I'm weird like that.

I will be using the T9300 2.5ghz C2D 45nm CPU.

If it can't be OC'ed I won't be terribly upset... like I say, for fun.
    System:||SagerNP5793||T9300,2.5ghz.C2D||1920x1200, 512mb.nVidiaQuadro:FX1600M||
    Memory:||4,096mbDDR2667mhz||1gb Robson Turbo||200gb,7200,SATAii.16mb||2gb,SD.cache||

I'm sorry, we do not support overclocking. You may, however, be able to receive some help or input from our forum members on this.

Comment

The OCing in itself is not a dangerous thing, but the effects can be devastating.
      Understand that any OCing can lead to a damage in your system, one which would not be covered by any warranty. Also, OCing reduces the lifespan of the laptop by stressing key components .
      All electronic devices have a lifespan, and forcing them to run at above nominal parammeters will only decrease that lifespan.
      If you understand the risks involved, and still would like to go ahead, you can use:
      -RivaTuner for the GPU ocing.
      -i do not recommend OCing the CPU since for gaming a 2.0 Ghz CPU is sufficient.

Please consder that OCing has to be done one step at a time, about 10 MHz at a time, then use AtiTool to test for artefacts(weird lines or shapes that should not be on the screen) and ALWAYS MONITOR TEMPS when OCing.
      A GPU will work ok until 85C , but it is recommended not to get that high.
      A CPU is fine until 70C.
      Personal Quote :
      Angelina can make your fps rise faster and faster.
      Your laptop will always lag next to her
      I would configure her with bigger...
      Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

Working...
      X