• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sort of OT: A sad 7700 story comes to an end....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sort of OT: A sad 7700 story comes to an end....

So Just here at XoticPC has hooked me up with the most stunning laptop around...my 9262 is going to simply BLAZE and I couldn't be happier! Why did I get a Sager? Because of the three years of hell I endured with my Aliewnare m7700...it was a fine machine that was great when it worked...but it just broke ALL THE TIME. So after two-plus years of constant raving, my Alienware Critical Issues rep (my MiB) has come through with a full price at purchase credit upon return. So essentially, the $4800 I spent on my rig three years ago (I am NOT returning my Ozma 7 headphones!) can now be spent on a brand new unit. I will never probably by an Alien lappy again...the experience was just miserable...but what to do with $4800 that has to be spent with AW? Well, a pretty darn good desktop for the family!

So in, say ten days, my beautiful Xotic 9262 will be here, and sometime in April, I'll be setting my family up with a pretty outstanding Alienware desktop system....sometimes it pays to stick with it...when you know you've been wronged, stick to your guns, I did, and Alienware will finally FINALLY stand behind what they sold me...
    Sager 9262 by XoticPC-17" WUXGA 1920x1200; Core 2 Quad Q6700, 8 MB Cache, 2.66; 4 GB RAM; 2x GeForce 8800mGTX SLi; Raid 5; 3-200 GB HD, 7200 RPM, 16 MB; Vista Ultimate; 2.0 cam; TV Tuner; Built in Creative Sound+X-Fi 7.1 Card; Painted/personalized!

Good things come to those who wait!

...in the form of cutting edge tech and smokin' benchies... :mrgreen:

The moral of the story is clear, stick to your guns and demand what you paid for. After all, we do vote with our wallets...
    Proud Mom of a:
    SAGER NP9262
    Intel Core 2 QUAD Q6700 2.66GHz
    nVidia GeForce 8800GTX 512MB x2 SLi config
    4,096MB DDR2 800
    RAIDed 3x200MB SATA2 7200RPM HDDs
    8x8x6x4x DVD +/-R/RW 5x DVD-RAM 24x CD-R/RW
    Vista Ultimate 64-bit & RH Linux ES 5 dual boot

Comment

You are SO right TraNceD.gURL!

I'm going to go into 'hardware' overload in the next couple weeks :shock:

pat!
      Sager 9262 by XoticPC-17" WUXGA 1920x1200; Core 2 Quad Q6700, 8 MB Cache, 2.66; 4 GB RAM; 2x GeForce 8800mGTX SLi; Raid 5; 3-200 GB HD, 7200 RPM, 16 MB; Vista Ultimate; 2.0 cam; TV Tuner; Built in Creative Sound+X-Fi 7.1 Card; Painted/personalized!

Comment

I'm already in HW overload... I'm building a rig behind my hubby's back, because he's in dire need of an upgrade. Heck, the poor schmuck is still running a P4 hyperthreaded single-core 3.0GHz (OC'd itself to 3.2, don't ask... lol) with 2GB RAM and a....*ehem* ATI AIW Radeon 9600. :oops: I built that machine in Feb 02...
        Proud Mom of a:
        SAGER NP9262
        4,096MB DDR2 800

Comment

Originally posted by TraNceD.gURL
          P4 hyperthreaded single-core 3.0GHz (OC'd itself to 3.2, don't ask... lol)
          that is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Seriously, and a bit scary :shock:

pat!

Comment

i hope you enjoy your buy. and make sure you post a review, im so tempted to buy one of these, the only thing that im worried about is the price and the size and weight

Comment

I'm pretty sure both of us will be posting reviews!

For me, when it comes to a mobile gaming rig, I'd rather lug around an extra five pounds w/ all that power! BUT, I DO understand how for some, given their lifestyles, etc., that weight can definitely make a difference....

later,
              pat!

Comment

I chose the NP5792 over the NP9262 mainly for the mobility. I take it with me everywhere and I also enjoy waking up and doing some web browsing or gaming in bed :lol: .
                Sager NP5792

Microsoft Windows Vista Premium 64-Bit
                17" WUXGA
                Intel Core 2 Duo T7700 2.4GHz
                4 GB DDR2 667 RAM
                1 GB Intel Robson Turbo Memory
                500 GB 7200RPM Seagate Momentus HD
                nVidia GeForce 8800M GTX 512MB GDDR3

FORUM TROLL 4 LIFE
                http://teamamerimixwcg.blogspot.com/...online_05.html

Comment

See, everyone's got a different use and lifestyle thingy goin' on! Me, I like the 9262 because carrying it around adds to my daily workout :shock:

Seriuosly though, having had an m7700 (may she rest in peace) I'm used to it but definitely not the kind of thing you'd wake up w/ and game in bed, I agree!

pat!

Comment

I'm with pad11 on this, I rather lug around 20 pounds with no battery life to speak of, than to settle on something that doesn't quite meet my minimum requirements, but I'm more mobile and don't have to be plugged in for awhile. I don't travel a lot, and when I am, I'm not using the lappy until I get where I'm going. I have a PSP and iPod to keep me occupied on the road (when I'm not the one driving). LAN parties is mostly why I'm switching from desktops (which I build myself) to a lappy, errr. I mean luggable desktop. The price doesn't scare me as much, as it might some people. Don't get me wrong, that's a load of money for me, but you do get what you pay for. You just won't find good quality (not to mention cutting edge) components in other, more mainstream, lappies. They have got to cut corners somwhere.... I really don't wanna spend even 1200 bucks on something that's obsolete before I even get it outta the box. I'm planning on using this baby for at least 3 years minimum, but looking at a more feasible 5 year life-span. Looking at not just price, there's many factors that go into a decision like this (at least for me). So, today I'm overpowered, but in 3 years I'm still going to be able to 'compete' with the cheapos out there, and in 5, it'll still be usable, for most things. And that's my $0.02.
                    Proud Mom of a:
                    SAGER NP9262
                    4,096MB DDR2 800

Comment

If I wasn't in favor of mobility and battery life, I probably would have gone with the NP9262 just because of the desktop processors, SLI, and more HD space. The performance of this single card version is still awesome and there should be plenty of room for some more upgrades down the road. Just thinking how I could have gotten a sweet desktop with strobes and junk for the same price.... but man this laptop is nice 8) . I'll probably build myself a new desktop in a couple years and use this laptop on the go.
                      Sager NP5792

Microsoft Windows Vista Premium 64-Bit
                      17" WUXGA
                      Intel Core 2 Duo T7700 2.4GHz
                      4 GB DDR2 667 RAM
                      1 GB Intel Robson Turbo Memory
                      500 GB 7200RPM Seagate Momentus HD
                      nVidia GeForce 8800M GTX 512MB GDDR3

FORUM TROLL 4 LIFE
                      http://teamamerimixwcg.blogspot.com/...online_05.html

Comment

The differences in the way we use them is what makes lappies such an interesting investment. For me, I like to PC game, but I don't want to be shut away from the family and I want to be able to game where ever I go, so the laptop was the ideal choice....

But this desktop that I'm getting will be a fine piece of equipment for the family to use for sure!

pat!

Comment

Originally posted by TraNceD.gURL
                          I'm with pad11 on this, I rather lug around 20 pounds with no battery life to speak of, than to settle on something that doesn't quite meet my minimum requirements, but I'm more mobile and don't have to be plugged in for awhile. I don't travel a lot, and when I am, I'm not using the lappy until I get where I'm going. I have a PSP and iPod to keep me occupied on the road (when I'm not the one driving). LAN parties is mostly why I'm switching from desktops (which I build myself) to a lappy, errr. I mean luggable desktop. The price doesn't scare me as much, as it might some people. Don't get me wrong, that's a load of money for me, but you do get what you pay for. You just won't find good quality (not to mention cutting edge) components in other, more mainstream, lappies. They have got to cut corners somwhere.... I really don't wanna spend even 1200 bucks on something that's obsolete before I even get it outta the box. I'm planning on using this baby for at least 3 years minimum, but looking at a more feasible 5 year life-span. Looking at not just price, there's many factors that go into a decision like this (at least for me). So, today I'm overpowered, but in 3 years I'm still going to be able to 'compete' with the cheapos out there, and in 5, it'll still be usable, for most things. And that's my $0.02.
                          thats the main reason why i want a 9262 with dual 8800m's im looking to have it gaming for many many years with the highest possible settings i want the MAX.

i do hope (wish) that the 9262 will be upgradeable to like the 10xxx series when it comes out lol or the 9xxx series

Comment

My desktop has been moved to the head of the cue and it's being built RIGHT NOW! Damn, that saves me at LEAST a three week wait!

later,
                            pat!

Comment

Working...
                            X