• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNKNOWN SOFTWARE EXCEPTION (0XC0000005)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNKNOWN SOFTWARE EXCEPTION (0XC0000005)

hello
    i do get this message after a while (30min)by playing assassins creed, or bioshock or even while playing a movie. is this a hardware or software problem???
    np9262
    windows vista x64 sp1
    nvidia 167.62

UNKNOWN SOFTWARE EXCEPTION (0XC0000005)

heeeeelllp

ps: as far as i can remember, i didnot had this problem under xp...

Try patching the game to the latest version, and see if it helps.
    But since you're having the problem in multiple scenarios, you might try the following.
    1. Try different drivers.
    2. Remove sp1.
    And see if that solves your issue.

-Prasad007.

Comment

yes thanks i will try an other driver. i use 167.62 from www.laptopvideo2go.com , which is not a official one.

are in the sp1 for vista all nvidia - vista hotfixes????
      ( http://www.nvidia.com/object/windows..._hotfixes.html )

Comment

Vista SP1 isn't official yet... there was a release on windows update before, but that was a glitch. And I'd recommend trying again with stock drivers. Let us know if the problem persists!
        And yes, you should have all those hotfixes installed.

Comment

I am sorry to say this, but your version of Assassin`s Creed is a pirated software, and that is the reason why it is crashing.
          Wait until the game will get released, 4th of April and buy that version.

As for the other issues, you need to do all updates and get the latest laptopvideo2go.com drivers.
          Personal Quote :
          Angelina can make your fps rise faster and faster.
          Your laptop will always lag next to her
          I would configure her with bigger...
          Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by xpcdude
            I am sorry to say this, but your version of Assassin`s Creed is a pirated software, and that is the reason why it is crashing.
            Wait until the game will get released, 4th of April and buy that version.

As for the other issues, you need to do all updates and get the latest laptopvideo2go.com drivers.
            That is irrelevant.... the OP is facing the problem in Bioshock as well, and also when playing movies.. :\

Comment

YES I THINK ITS THE OS OR DRIVERS, NOT MY ASSASSINS CREED TESTVERSION.
              =)
              THANKS

Comment

Working...
              X