• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is SPDIF connected to sound system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is SPDIF connected to sound system?

Is the NP9262 SPDIF port an "optical" or electrical connection? I am guessing it's optical.

Is it sufficient to use a "3.5mm optic plug to Toslink fiber optic" cable to go between the Sager spdif port and a fiber optic Toslink female port on a sound system?

Has anyone used this fiber optic connection cable? Thanks for your help.
    Sager NP9262 Notebook, Intel Q6600, 4GB DDR2, nVidia 8800m GTX, 3x-Seagate 200GB, WUXGA, Vista Premium-64

I have not been able to figure this out either! I can't find a toslink cable that will fit into my SPDIF jack. Is there such a thing, cause all I've seen are the jacks that fit the optical in on my receiver. I'd love a link to an online retailer if you know where I can get one!

Comment

Try Monoprice.com, they have loads of quality cables at very reasonable prices. They may have what you're looking for.
      Proud Mom of a:
      SAGER NP9262
      Intel Core 2 QUAD Q6700 2.66GHz
      nVidia GeForce 8800GTX 512MB x2 SLi config
      4,096MB DDR2 800
      RAIDed 3x200MB SATA2 7200RPM HDDs
      8x8x6x4x DVD +/-R/RW 5x DVD-RAM 24x CD-R/RW
      Vista Ultimate 64-bit & RH Linux ES 5 dual boot

Comment

Working...
      X