• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick Shipping question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Shipping question...

I'm away from home for work all but about 3-4 days a month. Planning to buy a 5793 this Tuesday, can you tell me about how long the process is between when order is placed and when I can expect to have laptop in hand if ordered say...early Tuesday morning?

Thanks much and looking forward to some laptop greatness!! :lol:

I got mine in exactly 15 days. Ordered on the 5th, paid via wire transfer, arrived at the door on the 20th. I'm sure it's pretty much the same for the 5793s.

EDIT: I didn't pay for overnight either, I used el cheapo UPS ground to save a buck
    Proud Mom of a:
    SAGER NP9262
    Intel Core 2 QUAD Q6700 2.66GHz
    nVidia GeForce 8800GTX 512MB x2 SLi config
    4,096MB DDR2 800
    RAIDed 3x200MB SATA2 7200RPM HDDs
    8x8x6x4x DVD +/-R/RW 5x DVD-RAM 24x CD-R/RW
    Vista Ultimate 64-bit & RH Linux ES 5 dual boot

Comment

Thanks for replying

I might pay the over night shipping if it means I can get it before I leave home for work again...would kill me to be away from home knowing that my $2000+ laptop is there and I can't get too it for 2 or 3 weeks

Comment

I would definitely pay extra for the overnight then. That would kill me, too. :shock:
        Proud Mom of a:
        SAGER NP9262
        4,096MB DDR2 800

Comment

I sprung for overnight! Now, the painting/detailing of my rig has added three weeks (as it said it would, not by accident!) so yeah, a couple more days in the mail when it DOES ship would drive me nuts!!!

pat!
          Sager 9262 by XoticPC-17" WUXGA 1920x1200; Core 2 Quad Q6700, 8 MB Cache, 2.66; 4 GB RAM; 2x GeForce 8800mGTX SLi; Raid 5; 3-200 GB HD, 7200 RPM, 16 MB; Vista Ultimate; 2.0 cam; TV Tuner; Built in Creative Sound+X-Fi 7.1 Card; Painted/personalized!

Comment

Re: Quick Shipping question...

Originally posted by 301657
            I'm away from home for work all but about 3-4 days a month. Planning to buy a 5793 this Tuesday, can you tell me about how long the process is between when order is placed and when I can expect to have laptop in hand if ordered say...early Tuesday morning?

Thanks much and looking forward to some laptop greatness!! :lol:

We normally quote 3-7 business days for production/testing/burn in. However this model at this time is shipping on average in 2-5 business days from when we receive your payment. We have overnight and other shipping options available if you need quick delivery.
            Justin Nolte
            [email protected]
            http://www.xoticpc.com

Comment

Thanks for your help..wouldn't mind paying a little extra. :wink:

Comment

I supposed that some models ship much faster that others. I ordered a 2092 on March 22 and it is still in phase 2 which is the building and testing stage. Xoticpc does state that phase 2 could take up to 7 day excluding weekends and holidays. I also believe there is a phase 3 and I'm not sure how long this phase could take. It is my understanding that shipping is phase 4. Maybe someone could help explain phase 3.

Comment

I believe phase 3 only applies when you are getting your laptop painted or skinned, otherwise it just skips to phase 4 .
                  Sager NP5792

Microsoft Windows Vista Premium 64-Bit
                  17" WUXGA
                  Intel Core 2 Duo T7700 2.4GHz
                  4 GB DDR2 667 RAM
                  1 GB Intel Robson Turbo Memory
                  500 GB 7200RPM Seagate Momentus HD
                  nVidia GeForce 8800M GTX 512MB GDDR3

FORUM TROLL 4 LIFE
                  http://teamamerimixwcg.blogspot.com/...online_05.html

Comment

Yup, Phase 3 is custom skinning/painting. Pad11 is currently stuck in that phase :wink: But it'll be soooooo worth it, no doubt.
                    Proud Mom of a:
                    SAGER NP9262
                    4,096MB DDR2 800

Comment

:shock: phase 3 is looooooooooong :P But yes, I too believe it will be worth it! And hopefully in a day or two I can post pics to prove it!

later,
                      pat!
                      Sager 9262 by XoticPC-17" WUXGA 1920x1200; Core 2 Quad Q6700, 8 MB Cache, 2.66; 4 GB RAM; 2x GeForce 8800mGTX SLi; Raid 5; 3-200 GB HD, 7200 RPM, 16 MB; Vista Ultimate; 2.0 cam; TV Tuner; Built in Creative Sound+X-Fi 7.1 Card; Painted/personalized!

Comment

Originally posted by MDV
                        I supposed that some models ship much faster that others. I ordered a 2092 on March 22 and it is still in phase 2 which is the building and testing stage. Xoticpc does state that phase 2 could take up to 7 day excluding weekends and holidays. I also believe there is a phase 3 and I'm not sure how long this phase could take. It is my understanding that shipping is phase 4. Maybe someone could help explain phase 3.

If they're taking that much time, it sounds like they're trying to get it done RIGHT. No objections from me on that as I'd prefer to have a machine that works right out of the box than have to RMA it.
                        ---Those are my principles. if you don't like them, I have others.--- {Groucho Marx}

Comment

Working...
                        X