• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5793 works great

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5793 works great

I have received and setup my new NP5793 notebook.

It works perfectly and was painless to setup. All the drivers were on it and running correctly. I have used a dead/stuck pixel checker and have found no problems, although I think I found a stuck white pixel while trying a movie; it went away the next time I booted up.

I think it's a good computer if you want pickup and go with the ability to run programs like games and CAD.

Things I like that Sager/XoticPC don't mention:
    -Hotkey to disable all wireless(nice if you have a virus that's downloading crap that you can't control), adjust brightness up or down, touchpad on/off and fanspeed high/auto/low.
    -The optional inferred remote control required zero setup.(I got this direct from Sager.)
    -Dual monitor mode was easy to setup: 1. Plug in other monitor, 2. Press enter twice. 3. Move junk to other screen. Note: I don't know if I can use dual-monitor mode because I have the Quadro card or not. Might want to check that if you're considering getting a 5793 as there's the optional video adapter.
    -Quiet. I heard from some reviews that this lappy was a noise box... On high fan speed it's scary loud yes, but on low fanspeed I can easily sleep next to my desk.
    -It fits like a charm on the Zalman NC-2000 series notebook cooler.
    -This screen resolution is crazy. I think 1920x1200 is the same as a widescreen HD TV?
    -The chassis has almost no flex. The keys are very solid to press.
    -I get wireless connections from all over. My roommate checks for connections 4 feet from the router and gets 3/5 bars with her older machine. I check and get 1-2/5 bars from our friends router in the adjacent apartment building likely 300 feet away... plus about 35 other found connections...

Things I don't like:
    -The latch is dumb how it has a spring loaded clip on one side and a clip slide latch on the other side. Oh well. Superficial.
    -Wow this lappy is a tank. 8 pounds just the puter... About 15 pounds total weight of my carrying bag with the powersupply and stuff.

Thanks to Justin who I spoke with on numerous occasions. I would suggest attempting to do your business with him. He responds quickly which is nice.
    System:||SagerNP5793||T9300,2.5ghz.C2D||1920x1200, 512mb.nVidiaQuadro:FX1600M||
    Memory:||4,096mbDDR2667mhz||1gb Robson Turbo||200gb,7200,SATAii.16mb||2gb,SD.cache||

Feel free to leave a review here on the Sager np5793

Thanks to Justin who I spoke with on numerous occasions. I would suggest attempting to do your business with him. He responds quickly which is nice.
    I appreciate the reference Zey!

Comment

Actually, talking about the weight, 8 lbs is not a con at all! Comparable laptops are heavier. The Sager NP9262 and Dell XPS M1730 are both in the 11+ lbs range. But they're SLi notebooks. However, take the Gateway for example. It features weaker processors and a single 8800M GTS, and it is >9 lbs.

Comment

Working...
      X