• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help

i just wonder, is it worth buying a second 8800m gtx?

i can play bioshock and call of duty 4 in almost highest settings, just my crysis is slow.
    for the future....ok there will alway be high end games, u can't play.
    but 745$ is like buying a little laptop or a short holiday.

and even i will have 2 gtx cards, is the prozessor still fast enough (quad 2,4)
    for high end games, and what is if nvidia in the near future releases a new laptop high end card (maybe 9serie)???

anoying questions, and everybody has to deside for themselves anyway.

ps: i like to play games, maybe 2hours a day, and i do some videoediting, and play around with adobe suite. maybe a need it, or not, yes, no...maybe

----------------------------------
    np9262
    quad 2,4
    8800m gtx
    4gb

I recommend waiting until games frame rates are half what one 8800M GTX can handle. By then the price will have dropped and it will be a better investment. Unless you really want to run Crysis at maximum settings, then just wait a few months or more.
    Sager NP5792

Microsoft Windows Vista Premium 64-Bit
    17" WUXGA
    Intel Core 2 Duo T7700 2.4GHz
    4 GB DDR2 667 RAM
    1 GB Intel Robson Turbo Memory
    500 GB 7200RPM Seagate Momentus HD
    nVidia GeForce 8800M GTX 512MB GDDR3

FORUM TROLL 4 LIFE
    http://teamamerimixwcg.blogspot.com/...online_05.html

Comment

i don't think that after a few month the gtx will be cheaper. like the 7950 (got cheaper with the release of the 8800)
      i will be waiting a few month and see how games like alone in the dark the new farcry and c&c perform, and than i will buy one more, i think

anyway i think just xoticpc offers a standalone 8800m gtx!?

Comment

I meant wait a few months longer to see if you really need a 2nd card. One GPU should last you for a while. Not all games will be as demanding as Crysis :P .... I hope.
        Sager NP5792

Microsoft Windows Vista Premium 64-Bit
        17" WUXGA
        Intel Core 2 Duo T7700 2.4GHz
        4 GB DDR2 667 RAM
        1 GB Intel Robson Turbo Memory
        500 GB 7200RPM Seagate Momentus HD
        nVidia GeForce 8800M GTX 512MB GDDR3

FORUM TROLL 4 LIFE
        http://teamamerimixwcg.blogspot.com/...online_05.html

Comment

who of you guys had experience or who of you actually bought a second 8800gtx afterworts???? 745$ worth??? double speed??? installation easy??? driver worked??? bios update nessesary???

Comment

Originally posted by danny_christ
            double speed???
            SLI graphics do not usually give you double FPS - reading nvidia's literature they claim some games can scale up 2x, but I doubt that it will consistently perform at 2x

IMO the best benefit of SLI is the capability to play at top resolutions

Comment

I think what SLi offers is a jump in about 25-30% PLUS the ability to play at max resolutions like kpauls said....

to me that was worth it but it is definitely a user-by-user decision!

later,
              pat!
              Sager 9262 by XoticPC-17" WUXGA 1920x1200; Core 2 Quad Q6700, 8 MB Cache, 2.66; 4 GB RAM; 2x GeForce 8800mGTX SLi; Raid 5; 3-200 GB HD, 7200 RPM, 16 MB; Vista Ultimate; 2.0 cam; TV Tuner; Built in Creative Sound+X-Fi 7.1 Card; Painted/personalized!

Comment

Working...
              X