• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 5793 delivered yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 5793 delivered yesterday

So I received my 5793 yesterday with much anticipation! I opened the box and everything looked great! I still have very little complaint, but I do have a few questions!

My video camera, through video view, when I open it gives me a Cant Open Registry Key!! error! Any thoughts on fixing it?

Shouldn't I have gotten some type of hard copy receipt with the laptop? There was nothing!

I also have a Dell Insprion E1505 with a glossy screen, and it makes my 5793 screen look like a total mat screen! With no receipt I cannot confirm I even received the glossy screen I ordered, although it is a 1900 1200 resolution for sure!

I ordered the TV Tuner card with the laptop but see no software for it like I do on my Dell. Is Windows Media my only way to use my tuner card?

Just lookin for a little help I guess!
    Akakios
    Sager 5793
    -Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz
    -GeForce 8800M GTX
    -4gig DDR2
    -UJ-220 Blu-Ray Super Multi DVD
    -200gig 7200RPM
    -TV Tuner w/ MCE Remote
    -Vista Ultimate 64 bit
    17" WUXGA 1920x1200

Most of these questions have been answered in previous threads. Please do a search :wink: .
    Sager NP5792

Microsoft Windows Vista Premium 64-Bit
    17" WUXGA
    Intel Core 2 Duo T7700 2.4GHz
    4 GB DDR2 667 RAM
    1 GB Intel Robson Turbo Memory
    500 GB 7200RPM Seagate Momentus HD
    nVidia GeForce 8800M GTX 512MB GDDR3

FORUM TROLL 4 LIFE
    http://teamamerimixwcg.blogspot.com/...online_05.html

Comment

Camera: uninstall driver and video view, restart and install driver and video view.

Receipt: Copy the serial number from the bottom of your notebook and save it to a text file, this is all you need because Xotic keeps all records of sales and this proves you own it. When you call support for the first time they ask for serial number and your name, which confirms ownership. Also, you can go to My Account and view your order and print it out or save it for your records.

Screen: I also got the 1920x1200, and it is not as glassy as my old zd8000 which is a good thing, it is an extremely sharp screen yet it doesn't have nearly the mirror effect of the average glossy screen. :idea: Also, try going into the nvidia control panel and under desktop color settings max the contrast: this helps ALOT, I dunno why it doest come maxed because the screen has excellent contrast.

Uninstall and reinstall tuner card drivers, and I think the Hybrid DTV program should be installed with it, however I prefer Media Center as it can connect to the net and download show listings for you. The included Media Remote also works really great with Media Center, Media Player, and CyberLink DVD player.

Thats all I got, hope it is correct and helps you! :wink:
      Sager NP5793
      Vista HP x64
      17" WUXGA
      Core 2 Duo T9300 2.5Ghz 6Mb L2 Cache
      4 GB DDR2 667Mhz RAM
      UJ-220 Blu-Ray Super Multi DVD
      200 GB HD 7200RPM
      Nvidia GeForce 8800M GTX
      TV Tuner Card

Comment

Thanks Parabola! I fixed the video and you're right, Windows Media is much better.
        I also changed the contrast and again, you were right! Thanks man, I couldn't be happier with this machine!
        Akakios
        Sager 5793
        -Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz
        -GeForce 8800M GTX
        -4gig DDR2
        -UJ-220 Blu-Ray Super Multi DVD
        -200gig 7200RPM
        -TV Tuner w/ MCE Remote
        -Vista Ultimate 64 bit
        17" WUXGA 1920x1200

Comment

NP, glad to help a Sager brother! 8)
          I usually keep my contrast at about 80 because max can sometimes be bothersome watching divx movies.

p.s. No matter how much I despise Microsoft, Media Center is a great program. I am currently in the process of watching Arrested Development Season 1 from the Internet TV beta. Is this P.S. longer than my actual message? Yes.
          Sager NP5793
          Vista HP x64
          17" WUXGA
          Core 2 Duo T9300 2.5Ghz 6Mb L2 Cache
          4 GB DDR2 667Mhz RAM
          UJ-220 Blu-Ray Super Multi DVD
          200 GB HD 7200RPM
          Nvidia GeForce 8800M GTX
          TV Tuner Card

Comment

Working...
          X