• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sager NP9262 Stability/Warranty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sager NP9262 Stability/Warranty

Hi, Im looking to purchase a Sager NP9262 from Xotic very soon, but would like to ask a few questions. Mainly about system stability.

My concern is with the desktop processors in laptops, is there any flaws in stability with this?

Im also concerned with the warranty, I have breifly read through the different warranties, but am confused on what to buy. The two warranties im comparing are:

-3 Year Parts & Labor Warranty 24/7 Tech Support ( + 197 )
    -Sager 2 Year Parts & Labor Warranty w/ Lifetime 24/7 DOMESTIC Toll Free Customer Support ( + 199 )

Its only a difference of $2, but one is 2 years, while the other is 3 years. Which of the two offers more/better support?

Thank you,
    BJRowlett
    Sager NP9262
    Core 2 Quad Q6600
    2x nVidia 8800M GTX SLI
    4GB Ram
    200GB SATA 7200RPM
    MS XP Pro SP2

I recommend the 3 years parts, which will cover any malfunctioning hardware for 3 years. Most tech questions can be answered on the forums, so you don't need life time toll free customer service.
    Sager NP5792

Microsoft Windows Vista Premium 64-Bit
    17" WUXGA
    Intel Core 2 Duo T7700 2.4GHz
    4 GB DDR2 667 RAM
    1 GB Intel Robson Turbo Memory
    500 GB 7200RPM Seagate Momentus HD
    nVidia GeForce 8800M GTX 512MB GDDR3

FORUM TROLL 4 LIFE
    http://teamamerimixwcg.blogspot.com/...online_05.html

Comment

one is a 3third party warranty another is by sager..

Comment

@OregonCoastGamer:
        Thats what I was thinking, Except for what mrblur said, the 3 year being a third part warranty, while the 2 year is from Sager.

Is the third party warranty worse than Sagers?, and by how much?
        Sager NP9262
        Core 2 Quad Q6600
        2x nVidia 8800M GTX SLI
        4GB Ram
        200GB SATA 7200RPM
        MS XP Pro SP2

Comment

I only have the standard warranty, so someone else will have to answer that question. I don't quite know the specifics of the warranty, but I am sure others will be able to help you out .
          Sager NP5792

17" WUXGA
          4 GB DDR2 667 RAM

FORUM TROLL 4 LIFE

Comment

when I ordered my NP9262 today. I was informed I may add the extended sager warranty 90 days after the purchase (within 90 days after purchase) and the third party can only be made when you purchase your laptop.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by mrblur
              when I ordered my NP9262 today. I was informed I may add the extended sager warranty 90 days after the purchase (within 90 days after purchase) and the third party can only be made when you purchase your laptop.

Hope that helps.
              Okay thanks, That does help.

Does anyone else have an answer about system stability with desktop processors, is it affected? (although im positive all systems pass specific tests, im more looking for personal experiences with system stability).
              Sager NP9262
              Core 2 Quad Q6600
              2x nVidia 8800M GTX SLI
              4GB Ram
              200GB SATA 7200RPM
              MS XP Pro SP2

Comment

The only potential problems I have heard of is that over heating is much more likely to occur if you do not have your laptop on a flat surface. A notebook cooler would also be highly recommended with the NP9262.
                Sager NP5792

17" WUXGA
                4 GB DDR2 667 RAM

FORUM TROLL 4 LIFE

Comment

Yes, the laptop will ether be on the monitor shelf of my desk (as I use two monitors at home), or on the desks in the computer labs at my college. And for the most part, with a notebook cooler.

I would never think of using it on my lap, bed, or any other surface that would block air flow through the fans.

As far as anything else, there is no problem using desktop processors on laptops? Great! I should be making my final purchase within the next week.

Thanks everyone for your help!
                  BJRowlett
                  Sager NP9262
                  Core 2 Quad Q6600
                  2x nVidia 8800M GTX SLI
                  4GB Ram
                  200GB SATA 7200RPM
                  MS XP Pro SP2

Comment

mine works like a charm. no problems unresolved...

Sager np9262: 17" 1920x1200wuxga, E6850 Core2duo 3.0ghz 1.3ghz fsb 4mb L2 cache, 4mb 800mhz ram, 1x nvidia geforce 8800mgtx 512mb gpu, 3x100gb hdd 7200rpm, Raid 0, vista ultimate x64 os, tv tuner, x-fi 7.1 sound card, triple fan cooler, 2.0 webcam
                    Sager np9262: 17" 1920x1200wuxga, E6850 Core2duo 3.0ghz 1.3ghz fsb 4mb L2 cache, 4Gb 800mhz ram, 1x nvidia geforce 8800mgtx 512mb gpu, 3x100gb hdd 7200rpm, Raid 0, vista ultimate x64 os, tv tuner, x-fi 7.1 sound card, triple fan cooler, 3Dmark06 9745

Comment

mine works like a charm. no problems unresolved...
                      Awesome, love to hear that! Let me ask, what issues did you face (if any), and how simple of a solution was there?

Any other experiences, possibly with quad core?
                      Sager NP9262
                      Core 2 Quad Q6600
                      2x nVidia 8800M GTX SLI
                      4GB Ram
                      200GB SATA 7200RPM
                      MS XP Pro SP2

Comment

Sorry, I dont mean to double post, but I have another question.

Trying to decide between Windows XP and Vista. I really like XP, a friend of mine has Vista (Home 32-bit). He hates it. The reason Im debating is because I want 4gb of ram. With Vista I wont have a problem, but XP will only recognize 3.5gb by default.

I dont plan on playing a ton of games, only a few here or there, and max settings and super high frame rates are not my goal. Im more interested in performance while using applications (UnrealEd, Maya, Photoshop/Flash CS3)

Which OS would you recommend?
                        Sager NP9262
                        Core 2 Quad Q6600
                        2x nVidia 8800M GTX SLI
                        4GB Ram
                        200GB SATA 7200RPM
                        MS XP Pro SP2

Comment

I have Vista 64-bit and was really dreading it, but I don't have any problems what so ever. A lot of people with Vista apparently have constant crashes with games and compatibility issues wth older software, but I have yet to be confronted with any such problems. I love Vista, and apparently it treats me with a mutual feeling. The only thing that can be annoying are the constant security pop-ups, but that can be easily disabled. I think these systems running Vista are so powerful, that you don't experience any problems with it; DX10 is also a great feature. Goodluck with your decision . Disregarding what OS you choose, you will be very impressed with your machine.
                          Sager NP5792

17" WUXGA
                          4 GB DDR2 667 RAM

FORUM TROLL 4 LIFE

Comment

no quad core experiences yet... still waiting on the qx9650 or something with the stock 3.0ghz clock and a fsb of 1333mhz. when and if that ever happens then i will change out my e6850(which btw kicks azz). it really does. had 2 dead pixels on arrival, but not a big deal, just looks like 2 specs of dust on the screen. other than that the f8 key was shipped crooked. tried to remove it to reset it, but u hardly notice that and just didnt feel like foolin with it. lets see, the os got erased or deleted somehow a while back. was foolin with crap i didnt totally understand...on clockgen, but never applied anything. well i DID do something apparently. maybe wasnt related though. havent been bk on that site again. lol i simply put in the rescue disk after i formatted my hard drives and set up raid0 again which was ez. then followed the on screen directions. btw if u plan on E V E R opting for a dual boot system(vista and xp), install XP F I R S T. if u dont it wont work. xp shares and vista doesnt. vista will work fine but your sager wont recognize xp. hahaha
                            just a tip. well good luck and hope u find this and ev1 elses input helpful. laterz....

Sager np9262: 17" 1920x1200wuxga, E6850 Core2duo 3.0ghz 1.3ghz fsb 4mb L2 cache, 4mb 800mhz ram, 1x nvidia geforce 8800mgtx 512mb gpu, 3x100gb hdd 7200rpm, Raid 0, vista ultimate x64 os, tv tuner, x-fi 7.1 sound card, triple fan cooler, 2.0 webcam
                            Sager np9262: 17" 1920x1200wuxga, E6850 Core2duo 3.0ghz 1.3ghz fsb 4mb L2 cache, 4Gb 800mhz ram, 1x nvidia geforce 8800mgtx 512mb gpu, 3x100gb hdd 7200rpm, Raid 0, vista ultimate x64 os, tv tuner, x-fi 7.1 sound card, triple fan cooler, 3Dmark06 9745

Comment

Thanks everyone, I have an almost exact idea of what Im going to buy, the only factor left undecided is XP vs Vista. One of my friends is running XP Pro 32-bit, with 4GB's of ram, Im talking to him to see if he has found a way of working around this problem, or if he just lets it go.

In all honesty, ~2.7GB will be enough for what I want to do, but I plan on having this notebook for several years (~5-7) like my current rig has lasted. Obviously its time for a upgrade And Id like to have a full 4GB's for the future.

Thank you again, You've all help me with my decision!
                              BJRowlett
                              Sager NP9262
                              Core 2 Quad Q6600
                              2x nVidia 8800M GTX SLI
                              4GB Ram
                              200GB SATA 7200RPM
                              MS XP Pro SP2

Comment

Working...
                              X