• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sager NP9262

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sager NP9262

I got a few questions about the Sager notebooks

You sell the E8400 cpu with ur sager notebooks which is a wolfdale 45nm and my guess is the motherboards bios got updated for it?
    I were thinking if i would be able to put a Q9450 on it insted of the E8400 there?

I've seen a few company's selling clevo laptops with Q9450 now so i guess sager is going for that option also

The next thing i wanna ask about is overclocking of the cpu

Is it possible? i know the new penryn models use less watt and temperatures are much lower but i wonder if i will be able to change fsb in bios?

English is not my first language so i've been thinking about keyboard layouts and i saw on eurocom they had clevo D901C danish keyboard layout for $20 more and i would gladly pay it if i could get a danish layout, would that be a possibility?

I think that was it

You sell the E8400 cpu with ur sager notebooks which is a wolfdale 45nm and my guess is the motherboards bios got updated for it? I were thinking if i would be able to put a Q9450 on it insted of the E8400 there?
    The only processors that are currently supported on the 9262 are listed in our customization menu.

The next thing i wanna ask about is overclocking of the cpu Is it possible?
    I'm sorry, we do not support overclocking, this is at your own risk type.

i would gladly pay it if i could get a danish layout, would that be a possibility?
    If you would like a special requested keyboard please e-mail our sales department to see if it is available.

Comment

About over clocking the E8400.

I have read about this processor and it can go up to almost 4Ghz (3.85) without upping the voltage in an air cooled environment. So yes they do over clock well.

However! Since the multiplier in this CPU is locked, you will have to raise the voltage of your FSB to compensate for the speed. This could raise the temp of your internal chip-set too much, inviting failure.

I believe that over clocking is unnecessary. The fact that something can be overclocked by that much means that it will last a good long time. If you want to have a speedier machine then get the fastest quad available and two 8800 in SLI which is a better way to go. Since overclocking makes heat, deal with the heat of the quad and the two graphic cards instead. :wink:
      Sometimes living on a boat is like living in a cave.

Comment

Working...
      X