• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sager NP5793 Audio Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sager NP5793 Audio Problem

First off I want to say that I'm very pleased with the purchase and tech support has been helpful, however I did want to see if anyone could assist on a weird audio problem I'm having. I'm a gamer and I like to play World of Warcraft alot, ever since I bought this laptop audio has been horrible on some of the games I played especially WOW, oddly music or web video seems to be fine. Audio effects on the game are either choppy or partially work as if lagging when using hardware, when I place the settings on software it acts ok most of the time but will act the same again being choppy or partially working. If I want to use the microphone the laptop is installed with I have to put my mouth directly to the audio souce in order for sound to be recognized and yes I did fiddle with the audio options to make sure the microphone with active and working. The first tech support guy I spoke sent me the realtek drivers to see if that would fix the problem, no change occured with the reinstalled drivers, the second tech support guy I talked to stated there was a known problem with audio on certain games. Do I need to get one of those creative lab cards to fix this issue? Has anyone had this concern and fixed it? Does anyone know if realtek is doing something about this? Again happy with the laptop but would like to fully enjoy all its features
Working...
X