• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASUS M51SN-B1 User Upgradable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS M51SN-B1 User Upgradable

I am still researching a few items before I buy. I know the Sagers seem to be fairly easy to upgrade components myself. So how about the ASUS M51SN-B1?

Say I get one of these and down the road I want to change out the video card, would I be able to do it? Would it be able to be upgraded to a "gaming" class card? Would Xotic have a swap out like it does for Sagers?

I am quite comfortable in the desktop world, but laptops I have only swapped out memory and such as well as minor troubleshooting (lcd connectors).

Thanks for any help!
    Last edited by clintre; 05-04-2008, 07:08 PM. Reason: Present it as a question.
    Sager NP9170 | Core i7-3610QM | 16GB DDR3 | AMD 7970m | SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD | 500GB HD <-Ordered 6/6 - Shipped
    Clevo W860CU
    | Core i7-720QM | 8GB DDR3 | nVidia 280m | 500GB HD
    << FOR SALE $500 obo

World Entrepreneurs Network

Unfortunately with any Asus Ensemble notebook you will not be able to upgrade the video card. All Asus ensemble notebooks will come fully loaded and complete from Asus which is why you will not see Asus laptops labeled as user upgradeable. If you would like a notebook with future upgradeability, i would recommend a Sager notebook

Comment

Kind of what I figured. Thanks for the answer.
      Sager NP9170 | Core i7-3610QM | 16GB DDR3 | AMD 7970m | SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD | 500GB HD <-Ordered 6/6 - Shipped
      Clevo W860CU
      | Core i7-720QM | 8GB DDR3 | nVidia 280m | 500GB HD
      << FOR SALE $500 obo

World Entrepreneurs Network

Comment

Working...
      X