• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Driver Nvidia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driver Nvidia

hello

there is again a new driver on sagernotebooks.com for vista 64, the 174.90.

this is again like all other bevore, one which downclocks my np9262 8800m gtx.

so i have to go back to 167.43 to get the full mhz full power.

does anybody know a new driver which works??????????

Man, there has not been a driver released by sager that HASNT downclocked my card. I think there is an issue between the BIOS series that Xotic puts with their laptops and the BIOS revisions that Sager is working with to get these drivers released.

The issue at hand here is BIOS revisions, and you can flash a new BIOS onto your GPU, (AT YOUR OWN RISK) which will fix the problem, but i highly recommend you do not. Hopefully either Sager will tend to us with older BIOS revisions, or Xotic will hook us up with newer ones available for download.

Comment

aha, ok xotic team, tell me is somebody working on this issue????

just with the 167.43 driver i come close to 10000 3dmark06 points.
      thats not normal!!!!
      so, what are we going to do?

Comment

Whats Up Justin, You Have Always An Answer....

Comment

You will need to contact Sager for any updated BIOS or drivers. This updated BIOS if available can be obtained by e-mailing Sager's tech support department or contacting them via phone at 1-800-741-2219 for further instructions.

Comment

Ive contacted Sager on three different occassions about this issue, and they always say that they dont have a new BIOS. Tbch, the only good tech support ive recieved with my 9262 from Xoticpc has been from xotic, who BTW have the BEST tech support for a computer company ive ever dealt with. The problem lies with the BIOS on some of the 8800GTXs...so far sager has no fix...been waiting for return call from them since two days ago on my latest call...

their last answer was to reroll to previous drivers.

Comment

i wrote 2 emails with the issue, no answer jet..... great.

i assumed there is an other/new bios, because the new sli config. i thought it comes with a driver cd and updated bios. should be good for single 8800m gtx as well!?

any news on this, justin!???

Comment

Originally posted by danny_christ View Post
                i wrote 2 emails with the issue, no answer jet..... great.

i assumed there is an other/new bios, because the new sli config. i thought it comes with a driver cd and updated bios. should be good for single 8800m gtx as well!?

any news on this, justin!???
                i had the same problem dude.. so i took matters into my own hand and flashed my card to the new clocks of 600/975/1500.. and am using 175.16 WHQL drivers with the modded inf file from laptopvideo to go. now no downclocking issues and rivatuner and gpu-z are reporting correct clocks.

note that you do the flashing at your own risk.
                Sager NP 9262
                Q6700 (2.66GHz) - 4GB 800MHz RAM 1x Corsair Nova 128GB SSD -2x160GB Seagate 7200rpm SATA-II HDD -2x 8800M GTX SLI with modded vgabios running at 600/975/1500 - WUXGA+ -Win 7 Ultimate x64
                3dMark06-SM 2.0 Score 4920-HDR SM3.0 6301-CPU score 3850-Total 13200
                3dMark Vantage-GPU score 7256-Cpu Score 9461-Total P7715

Ordered from xoticpc

Comment

where do i find the bios?

so you have sli!? you bought the 2nd card later? if yes was there a cd with new driver/bios?

Comment

Originally posted by danny_christ View Post
                    where do i find the bios?

so you have sli!? you bought the 2nd card later? if yes was there a cd with new driver/bios?
                    give me your email dude and i will send your the bios and instructions on how to flash it.

i have sli yes but i did not get my card later. i got both mine at the same time .. i have version 1.008c i think for my system bios. i think that is the latest one to enable sli.
                    Sager NP 9262
                    Q6700 (2.66GHz) - 4GB 800MHz RAM 1x Corsair Nova 128GB SSD -2x160GB Seagate 7200rpm SATA-II HDD -2x 8800M GTX SLI with modded vgabios running at 600/975/1500 - WUXGA+ -Win 7 Ultimate x64
                    3dMark06-SM 2.0 Score 4920-HDR SM3.0 6301-CPU score 3850-Total 13200
                    3dMark Vantage-GPU score 7256-Cpu Score 9461-Total P7715

Ordered from xoticpc

Comment

Working...
                    X