• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Docking station model question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Docking station model question

Most of the time I will be using a separate monitor and regular keyboard and mouse for my lappy. (I can't type on lappy keyboards well and I can't manage touch pads at all, they don't work anyway I hear).
    I'm strongly considering getting the docking station with my lappy.
    The one on the customize list I would need to get is the Belkin USB 2.0 Docking station (1VGA, 2USB 2.0, 1 Ethernet, 1 Serial). Can you tell me the model number of that one?
    I'd like to check on it as I have heard the Belkins aren't so good.

I'm also wondering if you offer a docking station for the Compal lappys that has (1 VGA, 3 USB 2.0, 1 Ethernet, 1 fire wire and hook up for regular keyboard and mouse).

Thanks,

Anewbus

The belkin is the F5U216.

I am sorry Compal does not make a specific docking station for their model. The only ones offered are the ones in the configurator.
    Justin Nolte
    [email protected]
    http://www.xoticpc.com

Comment

Thanks Justin. Perfect, that's what I needed to know.
      (The minute I got the funds the lappy moved out of range). I'm about $300 short now. So for now I'm looking at three months out, but I hope something happens to enable me to order my lappy sooner than expected.
      As someone wisely said here on the boards: Something to the effect of, "Lappys are really a luxury and you should make sure you can afford one before buying".

~Anewbus

Comment

Recommended docking station for the 9262?

I wonder if anybody can recommend a docking station for the 9262? I didn't think I wanted one, but the more I think about it, the more neccessary one seems. Preferably, something with only one plug to undo.... if there is such a thing in universal docking stations, that is.
        Proud Mom of a:
        SAGER NP9262
        Intel Core 2 QUAD Q6700 2.66GHz
        nVidia GeForce 8800GTX 512MB x2 SLi config
        4,096MB DDR2 800
        RAIDed 3x200MB SATA2 7200RPM HDDs
        8x8x6x4x DVD +/-R/RW 5x DVD-RAM 24x CD-R/RW
        Vista Ultimate 64-bit & RH Linux ES 5 dual boot

Comment

Working...
        X