• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Touchscreen problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touchscreen problem

This may already be beyond repair, but I bought an xoticpc touchscreen laptop about 5(?) years ago. Its literally a 15" touchscreen and doesn't require a special stylus to work (i.e. can press with fingers). Its worked really great considering it was $1000 and I got it when touchscreen laptops were still a novelty. As of a few months now, there seems to be an issue with the backlight of the display. When the display is kept at/around viewing angle, the backlight turns off. If I press/release the monitor on/off switch (the little press switch above the keyboard area used to turn off the backlight when the monitor is down) then the backlight blinks on and then turns off again. Right now I have the monitor leaning farther back (about 145 degrees between keyboard and monitor) and its working, but as soon as I bring it back into a normal viewing angle (90 degrees or so) it turns off and the most I can do is get it to blink using the method mentioned above.

Has anybody else encountered this issue? I'm thinking about operating on the laptop, but wanted to make sure if there was a more sane option. I searched for xoticpc touchscreen and found this forum so I thought I'd give it a shot.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Working...
X