• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A few NP5793 Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few NP5793 Questions

I'm back...

I have a few questions about the NP5793:

1. It states the version of Vista that comes installed is 64-bit. I will be using this laptop for gaming, schoolwork, web surfing, and some minor image editing/animation. Which of the versions (64- or 32-bit) would be best for me? If I choose 32-bit, would I be able to request that installed in place of the 64-bit version?

2. If I decide to have the laptop pre-loaded with Vista, what other programs, if any, would you install along with it? I'm having bad memories of the loads of bloatware shoved into Dell and HP computers.

Once again, thanks in advance for the help!
    NP5793 | WSXGA+ | C2D T8300 2.4 GHz | 4GB DDR2 RAM | 9800M GTS | 320GB 5400 HD | BD-ROM | Vista x64

The main difference between 32-bit and 64-bit Vista, is that 64-bit allows you to have 4 GB of RAM. I am pretty sure you can choose different OS on the config page... but I would recommend 64-bit. The NP5793 does not come with as many pre-loads as from other brand names. You will only have what Vista provides on its own, althouh there is optional software on the config page if you want it. Hopefully that answers your questions, and I am sure others will add to this .
    Sager NP5792

Microsoft Windows Vista Premium 64-Bit
    17" WUXGA
    Intel Core 2 Duo T7700 2.4GHz
    4 GB DDR2 667 RAM
    1 GB Intel Robson Turbo Memory
    500 GB 7200RPM Seagate Momentus HD
    nVidia GeForce 8800M GTX 512MB GDDR3

FORUM TROLL 4 LIFE
    http://teamamerimixwcg.blogspot.com/...online_05.html

Comment

Thanks for the info. I've heard that 64-bit Vista has a ton of compatibility issues. Is this still the case? Also, would I be able to request that my laptop come with both disks uninstalled, so I can choose which I prefer and install it myself?
      NP5793 | WSXGA+ | C2D T8300 2.4 GHz | 4GB DDR2 RAM | 9800M GTS | 320GB 5400 HD | BD-ROM | Vista x64

Comment

Majority of all problems were fixed with the release of service pack 1 for vista.

Unfortunately you would not be able to request that windows not be loaded up. If you purchase a vista o/s it will come with 64-Bit Installed (64&32-Bit CD Included). If you would like the 32 bit o/s installed in place of the 64 bit then there will be no 64 bit cd included.

Comment

Originally posted by PSRT View Post
          Thanks for the info. I've heard that 64-bit Vista has a ton of compatibility issues. Is this still the case?
          If you have any peripherals that you can't replace check for 64-bit drivers or Vista-64 compatibility. Unfortunately for some of these products you have to try it and see

My experiences:
          * Option GTmax G3 wireless card has 64-bit drivers, and that's the only peripheral I use.
          * Any version of Java past 1.6u3 has problems. I keep busting Sun's balls on this one.

Comment

Thanks for all the info guys. So, I presume that all of the NP5793 components (ie. network card, sound card, etc.) will come with the 64-bit drivers installed if I choose to have Vista 64-bit pre-loaded?

Comment

Yes, all the associated 64 bit drivers will be instaled.
              Personal Quote :
              Angelina can make your fps rise faster and faster.
              Your laptop will always lag next to her
              I would configure her with bigger...
              Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

Awesome! That just about answers everything. Thanks to everyone for the help!

Comment

Working...
                X