• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrade, Different Company same machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade, Different Company same machine

Good morning, I did search the forum and found similar answers but by question has a little different spin to it. I purchased my 9260 from a different vendor than you, but now I'd like to upgrade the video card and CPU. I have the 7950 series and would like to upgrade to the offer that your company has. A few questions if you don't mind. !. Would I be able to send my Sager 9260 to you for the upgrade and keep the warranty intact. 2. If that were possible would I be able to upgrade the video card to the Dual video card configuration instead of just the one, and finally 3. What processors would I be able to upgrade to? I know this is going to require a motherboard "swap out", and probably cost around 2K + but I'm will to spend that kind of money. Sorry for the long post, but I'd appreciate any insight you could give me. Thanks
    Last edited by wulvarine; 06-08-2008, 10:43 PM. Reason: reposted in error

1)Yes it is possible, I forgot the pricing, but it should be 50$ more if it's a non-sager brand.
    2)yes,you should keep the warranty,unless your reseller has SPECIFIC details about not upgrading yourself,which you have to check with the company you bought from.
    3)any cpu currently available for the 9262 advertised on this site
    This is the full list of the processors that the current 9262 supports:

~Intel Core™ 2 Duo Processor E6300/E6400 1.86/2.13GHz, FSB1066, 2MB L2 cache
    ~Intel Core™ 2 Duo Processor E6600/E6700 2.4/2.67GHz, FSB1066, 4MB L2 cache
    ~Intel Core™ 2 Duo Processor E6550/E6850 2.33/3.0GHz, FSB1066/FSB1333, 4MB L2 cache
    ~Intel Core™ 2 Extreme Processor X6800 2.93GHz, FSB1066, 4MB L2 cache
    ~Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHz w/ 6MB L2 Cache - 1333MHz FSB
    ~Intel Core 2 QUAD Q6600 2.4GHz w/ 8MB L2 Cache - 1066MHz FSB
    ~Intel Core 2 QUAD Q6700 2.66GHz w/ 8MB L2 Cache - 1066MHz FSB
    ~Intel Core 2 QUAD Q9450 2.6GHz w/ 12MB L2 Cache - 1333MHz FSB

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.
    Personal Quote :
    Angelina can make your fps rise faster and faster.
    Your laptop will always lag next to her
    I would configure her with bigger...
    Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

Thank you kindly Sir for your time and response.

Comment

We're here to help
        Personal Quote :
        Angelina can make your fps rise faster and faster.
        Your laptop will always lag next to her
        I would configure her with bigger...
        Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

Working...
        X