• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G1 Asus HOW CAN THEY DO THIS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G1 Asus HOW CAN THEY DO THIS?

http://1toppc.com/Merchant2/merchant...t_Code=G1SN-B1

Gentech PC offers a G1SN-B1 for around 1800 with a BLU RAY player installed. Is it just me or is there no way in hell they could afford to put in a player that averages at least 450 dollars and still undercut prices with a system with the exact same specs besides the 500 dollar player and the price matches Xotic?

I really am wary about GenTech because I just dont see how it could be a quality laptop for that cheap!

Anyone else share my sentiments, I will buy from Xotic in the coming weeks thats for sure!

EDIT: Emailed them about the drive asking brand and speed, still no response has been 2 days

EDIT 2: The drive they are using they say is Sony so now I won't be buying from them because there is no way in heck that they could build a system for that cheap and be reliable...
    Last edited by Jagg3d3d93; 06-10-2008, 05:08 PM.

Gentech is all about offering very cheap prices with limited support. As you may have realized from there very slow e-mail responses. They also have no phone number that you can contact for sales or support.

Another thing to point out is there disclaimer:
    All refunds with any reason will be charge for 15% restocking fee, special orders merchandise. Original shipping and handling fee along with return shipping charge are non-refundable. Products returned after 30 days will be refuse..
    With Xotic PC we have a 15 day no questions asked return policy without an immediate 15% restocking fee like gentech. (exception would be for custom skinned or painted laptops) Any Customized Asus Ensemble laptop will have warranty for 1 Year through Xotic PC on the customized components. Xotic PC provides Lifetime DOMESTIC 24/7 Toll Free Technical assistance on all customized Asus Ensemble Systems.

Overall you receive a much higher and more personalized level of service and support from Xotic PC
    and we also have a forum!
    Last edited by [email protected]; 06-10-2008, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Couldnt Agree more Justin after "lurking" on both sites and then finding out that they are using a sony blu ray player I was wary of the overall service and I think the craftsmanship might be more like "craps"manship if they can undercut a 500 dollar Optical drive with no loss. Xotic has good reviews from all the ratings sites and I havent heard a complaint about them on tech forums only praise, you guys have my sale which I should make in a couple of days !

Comment

Good research!

Originally posted by Jagg3d3d93 View Post
        Couldnt Agree more Justin after "lurking" on both sites and then finding out that they are using a sony blu ray player I was wary of the overall service and I think the craftsmanship might be more like "craps"manship if they can undercut a 500 dollar Optical drive with no loss. Xotic has good reviews from all the ratings sites and I havent heard a complaint about them on tech forums only praise, you guys have my sale which I should make in a couple of days !
        Same thing happened to me. Research, research and in the end I joined the forum here months prior to ordering.

Welcome to the club.
        Sometimes living on a boat is like living in a cave.

Comment

OK I am looking at the B1 and now it has a blu ray player from xotic anyone know what speed this will run/write dvd's at?

EDIT: also is there a good site with Benchmarks listed out because I want to compare a 9500M GS to an 8700GT

I know the GT will smoke the 9500 but I would like to know by how much to determine if the price is worth it...

EDIT 2: Anyone now of a legal/easy way to downgrade from vista because exotic only offers the G2 with Vista Ultimate
          Last edited by Jagg3d3d93; 06-11-2008, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X