• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! My dvd drive wont read anything!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! My dvd drive wont read anything!

Hi. My dvd drive has been really weird lately. it would run really loud and really slow until today it just stopped reading. Well, its trying to read the dvd i put in there but nothing ever loads up anymore but the green light is still blinking? what should i do? is it because of the lens, the whole drive, registry error, or what?
    all the dvds do work including Assassins Creed that i just bought. it wont even read that anymore. im so desperate. thanks for any help in advance.

PS: this is a NP9262's dvd drive.
    Sager NP9262. Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz, 8MB L2Cache, 1066Mhz FSB. Nvidia 88800M GTX 512MB. 160 & 200GB 7200RPM (Serial-ATA II 3) 4,096MB DDR2 800 . 1920 x 1200 Glossy Screen Resolution. Windows Vista Home Premium 64-B.

I’m sorry to hear that you are having problems with the notebook. I would recommend contacting technical support at 1-(800) 741-2219 (9AM - 5PM PST) OR 1-(877) 645-9312 (24/7 Domestic Tech Support)

Another thing you can do for the time being while you troubleshoot the drive is to use "no cd patches". This will allow you to still play your games without having the CD and will also protect your CD's as you won't constantly be using them.

Does this statement mean they do work or don't work?
    all the dvds do work including Assassins Creed that i just bought. it wont even read that anymore.
    P.S. Assassin's Creed is an awesome game!

Comment

You can also try the NERO drive speed utility,in the Nero Suite.
      However,make sure the disks aren't full of dust, or scratched.
      If all else fails, contact support and they will be glad to help
      Personal Quote :
      Angelina can make your fps rise faster and faster.
      Your laptop will always lag next to her
      I would configure her with bigger...
      Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

the dvds do work, but my drive wont read them. YES assassins creed is an awesome game. too bad now that i cant play it. would reformating my windows help? last time i did that with my old compaq porsario and it worked like a charm. i duno i might have to try.
        Thanks everyone for all the help
        Sager NP9262. Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz, 8MB L2Cache, 1066Mhz FSB. Nvidia 88800M GTX 512MB. 160 & 200GB 7200RPM (Serial-ATA II 3) 4,096MB DDR2 800 . 1920 x 1200 Glossy Screen Resolution. Windows Vista Home Premium 64-B.

Comment

Reformatting may help solve the problem if it's a windows related issue, but i would contact Xotic PC's technical support department before formatting your entire computer.

Comment

Sounds like the same problem I was having with mine. Ended up having to send it in for repair.

Comment

I read a thread that said to download a utility from the support.asus.com website and it fixes the problem. I just don't remember which utility it is... I'm trying the ATKPackage, but it's not working for me at the moment. I believe the issue lies within Asus's software for the drive, and also part of the issue is due to windows updates. Whenever you do a windows update, the drive stops reading cds and dvds. I fixed it once, and then did another windows update, and now the drive isn't working again...
              -------------------------------------
              Asus G53JW-3D
              10/19/10 - Phase 1
              Arrived - 10/27/10

Asus G53SW + Xbox360
              Acer something

Newegg

Custom Asus G75VW-3D
              1/18/13 - Phase 1

Comment

Working...
              X