• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bios Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bios Update

due to the fact that every new driver released from sager, downclocks my 8800m gtx in my np9262, and just the first driver 167.46 works propper (10000 points 3dmark06), i emailed sager support.
    they sended me an updated bios, of cause with no guarantee, to update mine.

now my question is: is there a tool or a way to backup my actual working bios????

i want a backup in case the new one mess up my nice np9262.

thanks for your help in advance.
    danny

Backup BIOS

Disclaimer: I have not tried the software found at the link below. Do not blame me if it harshes your rig.

After reading your post I decided to see if there was something available as I may soon be in the same boat as you. Here is one site I came across that might do what you want.

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/printpage/41/1

It is software based and I have not tried it but it might just work if you follow all the instructions.

Unfortunately you will need a boot-able floppy drive, or a usb flash card can be made to boot (I think.)

Anyway BIOS updates are a pain so is backing up existing BIOS programs.

Anyone out do this before?
    Sometimes living on a boat is like living in a cave.

Comment

do what i did danny, flash my gfx with the an overclocked bios. installed the 175.75 drivers rom laptopvideo2go and now its humming along bewtifully. temps are all good only thing will suffer is battery life. but thats not gonna bother us coz we didnt buy this lappy for the battery heheh
      Sager NP 9262
      Q6700 (2.66GHz) - 4GB 800MHz RAM 1x Corsair Nova 128GB SSD -2x160GB Seagate 7200rpm SATA-II HDD -2x 8800M GTX SLI with modded vgabios running at 600/975/1500 - WUXGA+ -Win 7 Ultimate x64
      3dMark06-SM 2.0 Score 4920-HDR SM3.0 6301-CPU score 3850-Total 13200
      3dMark Vantage-GPU score 7256-Cpu Score 9461-Total P7715

Ordered from xoticpc

Comment

thanks @RaderCad i will try it, and i try to make my usb stick bootable, for the backup.....!?

@dazzyd ok but where can i find such a bios??? did you backup your old one?? if yes, how?

Comment

Originally posted by danny_christ View Post
          thanks @RaderCad i will try it, and i try to make my usb stick bootable, for the backup.....!?

@dazzyd ok but where can i find such a bios??? did you backup your old one?? if yes, how?
          give me your email address and i will foward you the detailed instructions.
          Sager NP 9262
          Q6700 (2.66GHz) - 4GB 800MHz RAM 1x Corsair Nova 128GB SSD -2x160GB Seagate 7200rpm SATA-II HDD -2x 8800M GTX SLI with modded vgabios running at 600/975/1500 - WUXGA+ -Win 7 Ultimate x64
          3dMark06-SM 2.0 Score 4920-HDR SM3.0 6301-CPU score 3850-Total 13200
          3dMark Vantage-GPU score 7256-Cpu Score 9461-Total P7715

Ordered from xoticpc

Comment

Working...
          X