• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need info on Built-In TV Tuner for 5793

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    The Built-In Multi Region TV Tuner w/ Remote (Express Card MCE Remote & Receiver) details can be found here

Last edited by [email protected]; 06-24-2008, 03:42 PM. Reason: link error

Leave a comment:

• onie
    started a topic Need info on Built-In TV Tuner for 5793

Need info on Built-In TV Tuner for 5793

Hello all,

I finally took the dive and ordered the Sager 5793 (very excited - I feel like a little kid at Christmas time wanting for Santa to bring my new toy).

Anyhow, I have been debating whether to add the optional "Built-In Multi Region TV Tuner w/ Remote" but I can not find any specs anywhere on XoticPC or Sager web site (Sager only had info on a USB TV Tuner).

I'm hoping someone here has one and can answer some basic questions:
    1. Does this card do ATSC / NTSC / and QAM?
    2. Are the specs the same as the USB tuner offered by Sager (TVT-6010)?
    3. How well does it work?
    4. Does it come with an external antenna for OTA?
    5. I assume the internal card will work better then the USB tv tuner due to higher bandwidth (correct?)
    6. Lastly, would you purchase it for the 5793 or go with another option such as the AVerMedia AVerTV Hybrid NanoExpress ExpressCard or the AVerMedia AVerTV Hybrid ExpressCard (HC80) NTSC/ATSC/FM w/Remote?
    Thanks in advance,
    Onie
Working...
X