• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for Justin (XOTIC PC) Upgrade Package for NVIDIA 9800M GTX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Justin (XOTIC PC) Upgrade Package for NVIDIA 9800M GTX?

Hi, Justin (XOTIC PC) I just want to ask you if the NVIDIA 9800M GTX does come out is SAGER company going to have an upgrade package like the NVIDIA 8800M GTX? I have backed off for the 8800M GTX due to the 9800M GTX.
    Sager NP9758-S (Clevo P750DM-G)

Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core I7 6700K | Nvidia GTX 970M G-Sync | 16GB DDR4 | Samsung 850 Evo 500GB x2 RAID 0 | Seagate 2TB Data Drive | Sould Blaster X-FI MB5 | 2W Sound by Onkyo | Dell E2414H 24" LCD Screens x4 | Logitech G710+ | Logitech G400s | Steelseries Diablo Mouse Pad | Logitech Extreme 3d Pro Flight Stick | Logitech G27 | Logitech Z-5500 505 Speakers Systems | Technics RP-DH1200 Headphones |

Once we have confirmed information from Sager/Clevo on the compatibility of the 9800m GTX we will post the information at that time.

Comment

I want to keep the thought alive of a high-end MXM Type-IV/HE upgrade option.

I just saw another line of desktop-line tests and was glad to see the 9800 series perform cooler and draw less wattage than the 8800 series.

I really would like to hear about an upgrade package. I would rather go with a reputable vendor rather than a DIY upgrade I found on eBay. That would feel a little too much like betraying the reason I bought a Sager in the first place.

If Nvidia royally fucked up their 9800M we need to know about it. Even so, I would like to hear about some kind of MXM-IV/HE upgrade, even if it's not going to happen for another year.

Comment

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=272643
        Last edited by kpauls; 07-15-2008, 09:26 AM.

Comment

If I get the 9800 GTX option, will I be able to make that SLI?
          Last edited by Khas; 07-17-2008, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Expect a BIOS update for that a few months after you recieve your laptop. That's if your lucky .
            Sager NP5792

Microsoft Windows Vista Premium 64-Bit
            17" WUXGA
            Intel Core 2 Duo T7700 2.4GHz
            4 GB DDR2 667 RAM
            1 GB Intel Robson Turbo Memory
            500 GB 7200RPM Seagate Momentus HD
            nVidia GeForce 8800M GTX 512MB GDDR3

FORUM TROLL 4 LIFE
            http://teamamerimixwcg.blogspot.com/...online_05.html

Comment

Originally posted by Khas View Post
              If I get the 9800 GTX option, will I be able to make that SLI?
              I'm guessing "no" or "not yet" - the first response we got from Clevo was that the whole 9800 line wouldn't work because of the "thermal profile".

Not many Sager/Clevo owners believe them because the 9800 series has a smaller fab process and the desktop models run cooler and quieter.

I'll fight for it for sure.

Comment

9800M GT SLI is available, so there is no problem yet.
                If you are talking about 9800M GTX SLI , wait until they get released.
                Personal Quote :
                Angelina can make your fps rise faster and faster.
                Your laptop will always lag next to her
                I would configure her with bigger...
                Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

so will there be an upgrade package for those who purchased an NP9262 with 8800gtx to the 9800 gtx? i really want to know if i can upgrade mine?
                  Sager NP9262. Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz, 8MB L2Cache, 1066Mhz FSB. Nvidia 88800M GTX 512MB. 160 & 200GB 7200RPM (Serial-ATA II 3) 4,096MB DDR2 800 . 1920 x 1200 Glossy Screen Resolution. Windows Vista Home Premium 64-B.

Comment

Don't upgrade... its not worth it in the least bit. You will get minimal performance increase and will be burning up cash. I would wait to see what happens with the next line up of GPUs.
                    Sager NP5792

Microsoft Windows Vista Premium 64-Bit
                    17" WUXGA
                    Intel Core 2 Duo T7700 2.4GHz
                    4 GB DDR2 667 RAM
                    1 GB Intel Robson Turbo Memory
                    500 GB 7200RPM Seagate Momentus HD
                    nVidia GeForce 8800M GTX 512MB GDDR3

FORUM TROLL 4 LIFE
                    http://teamamerimixwcg.blogspot.com/...online_05.html

Comment

Working...