• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fisrt time buyer (Sager NP6679)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fisrt time buyer (Sager NP6679)

I got my Sager NP6679 last Friday and I couldn't be happier with it. Great service from xotic pc after I had originally ordered an MSI and it had been phased out. They were very good about working with me and answering all my dumb questions

The Sager that I ended up getting had higher specs than the MSI anyhow, so I ended up lucking out.

I keep looking around and noticing that no one is talking about this particular Sager model :o is it because it's not as high end? I think it's a very good machine for the price. I got it so I could do more on it; like uploading videos and doing digital art, also I wanted to play my mmos at high settings with no problems and it hasn't let me down. I used to play TERA on my old HP and while it could play it, it really wasn't built for that stuff and I had a lot of frame loss and the graphics were not up to par. Now I have this and I did not know what I was missing XD

http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np6679-...sc-p-8072.html

I didn't get any customization so I could stay in my budget. I got Windows 8 and I love it. The chassis is very nice and has a nice wrapping though I wonder why they picked this one in particular because I usually see all black in the other models. Maybe because it was less expensive startin' out.

About the ONLY gripes I have about this model are that the backlit keyboard is not rainbow Not a big deal at all, but you know. The sound could be better as well, but it's not anything you can't get adjusted to. Also,the dvd drive is a little flimsy. My HP one was sturdier. When I press the button to open it, it doesn't open after a few tries and then when it's open, the top part's plastic piece is not secured all the way down and looks like it can easily be broke off. Also not a very hard plastic on that piece, and the whole thing is a lil rickety. Again, not a huge deal. But I don't trust it! XD I won't be opening and closing it a lot, I'll just use my external ~shrug~

All and all though I bought it for the insides which are superb. Very happy with the machine overall. Fan's a little loud but not unbearable. Is good at keeping cool, gets comfortably warm but not hot. Would buy from again in the future.

Thanks!

Thanks for posting your feedback about your purchase. It's always appreciated to hear what people like and don't like with their purchase.

There isn't a lot of reviews and mentions of that model, just because it is a new one.

Thanks again for purchasing you computer with us. Let me know if there is anything I can help with in the future as well!
    Pat J
    Sales & Customer Service
    pat@xoticpc.com
    402-316-5544
    www.xoticpc.com

Comment

One on the way

I've ordered one of these, as well. Apparently it is in "Stage 7" haha. I just need it to be at stage "in my hands". I intend to install Ubuntu Server 14.04, and build up and test in virtual environments before deployment. I expect problems, but maybe I'll luck out. I will try to add to the discussion (or create a new one) once I know more...

Wish me luck!

Comment

Good Luck! Let us know if you need anything, we have a little experience with Ubuntu. Hope you love the new PC!
        Travis B
        travis.b@xoticpc.com
        Customer Loyalty Team
        XOTIC PC

Comment

Working...
        X