• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Experience so far (custom Sager NP8657-S)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experience so far (custom Sager NP8657-S)

So here is what I ordered...

Sager NP8657-S (Clevo P650-RE3)

Customization / Upgrades:
    1 x "The Cooling Package" - IC Diamond Thermal Compound + Copper Cooling Upgrade (XPC Service) $79.00
    1 x FREE XOTIC PC Wireless Bluetooth Raptor Headset w/ purchase of any 3 Regular Priced Upgrades $0.00
    1 x Remove All Branding $0.00
    1 x 15.6” FHD 16:9 IPS LED-Backlit Display with Matte Finish w/ G-SYNC Technology (1920x1080) $80.00
    1 x Windows® 7 Professional 64-Bit Edition Preinstalled, (with 64-Bit DVD Recovery Media) (Clean Install | Drivers Only | No Bloatware) $130.00
    1 x Remove M.2 SSD -$65.00
    1 x Intel® Dual Band AC 8260 802.11 A/AC/B/G/N + Bluetooth Module [M.2 Chip] $25.00

Timeline and Notes:
    November 27, 2015: Order placed by phone w/ Tyler (payment method Wire). Polite and knowledgeable. Seemed honest.

November 30, 2015: Received email for Wire transfer info. Order is supposed to have a military discount because of my dad. This is not reflected in the invoice. Emailed sales rep for help on this. Waiting for response.

November 30, 2015: Received an email reply from the sales rep Tyler that someone named Megan would help me asap.

December 1, 2015: I have not been contacted at all. Contacted Sales support in afternoon via chat. Matthew said that I would not get the military discount promised to me before because of all the holiday discounts. I explained that I was promised the discount, so he offered me a free game code to make up for it. I was happy with this option, and accepted it. Furthermore, he told me to proceed with the transfer with my bank.

December 1, 2015: Went to the bank near end of business day and completed the wire transfer. Will contact Xotic tomorrow to confirm payment.

December 2, 2015: Logged into bank online, wire payment is pending now. No contact from Xotic. In retrospect, I should have just paid by Credit Card, because what I "saved" from the wire transfer option is almost wiped out from the $30 bank fee for doing so.

December 3, 2015: Wire seems to have cleared on Xotic's end. Order status is now "Phase 0 [Pending Import]". Never got a call from anyone, but I guess that doesn't matter as long as they're starting the work.

December 4, 2015: Now in status "Phase 0 [Processed]" on their website, however I received an automated email earlier that said "Phase 1 [Payment Processed & Inventory Gathering]". So it looks like they're ordering the computer from Sager now.

December 15, 2015: Got an email for Xotic saying my order is now in Phase 3 [Sager Shipped to XOTIC PC Nebraska for Custom Modifications]. So i guess that means they're gonna start working on it. Exciting.

December 23, 2015: Got an email from Xotic saying that the order is now in Phase 4 [Assembly & Build]. The email offers an Estimated Shipment Date of 3-7 Business Days. Cool.

December 29, 2015: Got an email from Xotic saying that the order is now in Phase 6 [Stress Testing, Burn In, Technical Analysis & Quality Assurance]. The email offers an Estimated Shipment Date of 1-3 Business Days. *sweating begins*
    Last edited by mfm; 12-29-2015, 06:45 PM. Reason: update

updated dec 4

Comment

updated dec 15

Comment

Updated dec 23

Comment

If it has arrived to us, then generally it shouldn't be too much longer until it is on it's way out to you. Thanks for placing your order with us, and if you need help with anything, just let me know what I can do for you.
          Pat J
          Sales & Customer Service
          [email protected]
          402-316-5544
          www.xoticpc.com

Comment

Did you get the Samsung 4K Matte screen by chance?

Comment

Links,

Sorry to hear of your issues with build time, I would love to try and help you out with this! If you could send me an email at [email protected], with your order number, I can surely see if I can help out with your order!
              Tanner M
              XOTIC PC Service Manager
              www.xoticpc.com

Comment

dear tanner, you can start helping me with not erasing my comments!!

4 days you took to process payement but you charget my card same day!!!

WTF?? now after 4 days and i got furious you move me to phase 1...gathering... do you gather pieces around on foot or carve them out of stone??

Comment

and on my account I do not see phase 1...I m still on phase 0....

sad

Comment

Update..Order placed and payed on July 4th .weekend, 5 working days for payment processing, 2 days weekend.. , now it is 11th, I was informed my order is in phase 2 now.... sad and angry... but ok, Lets see when it will be built ( I have stock laptop with SSD and RAM upgrade....)

Be advised, they said their page is not updated frequently so my order is on phase 1 on web...

Comment

Update,... July 13th... no update... stuck on inventory gathering, feel like I sent someone to grocery store in India... With a rubber boat without a paddle...

sad, angry, frustrated, betrayed... !! Fell so stupid cause I bought a laptop here

Comment

Links,

I have been watching your order and it is progressing normally, I will keep you updated but we are shooting to get build done and testing very quickly for you. Again we are trying to help, I have not deleted any posts here and if you have any concerns feel free to reach out to me directly at [email protected].
                        Tanner M
                        XOTIC PC Service Manager
                        www.xoticpc.com

Comment

July 14...inventory allocation, using trained squirrels to find all parts...

Comment

What inventory allocation actually means is that your parts have all arrived from distribution and are being put in a bin and then will proceed down the assembly line for a builder to assemble your order. I wish we had trained squirrels, that would be quite the business!
                            Tanner M
                            XOTIC PC Service Manager
                            www.xoticpc.com

Comment

Links,

Looks like your machine is going to hit the build phase today and hopefully it will ship out
                              Tanner M
                              XOTIC PC Service Manager
                              www.xoticpc.com

Comment

Working...
                              X