• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asus G75

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus G75

Any idea about when they will be released/in stock?

We are looking at the embargo ending hopefully sometime at the end of this month. We cannot really say more than that at this point.
    Travis B
    travis.b@xoticpc.com
    Customer Loyalty Team
    XOTIC PC

Comment

Intel is rumored to release Ivy Bridge on April 23rd. So some time after that, I would think.

Comment

Waiting for this.. cant wait! Hope I can get mine when it comes out. Full upgrade
        MacBook Air & ASUS G73JW - A1 with
        - Processor: - Intel® Core™ i7-940XM Extreme, 2.13-3.33GHz, (45nm, 8MB L3 cache)
        - IC Diamond Thermal Compound - CPU + GPU
        - Ram: 16,384MB (16GB) DDR3 1333MHz Dual Channel Memory (4x4GB)

Comment

So whats the deal with this model? Is it worth waiting for, or should I configure something different? I want to spend about $1500 and from what I have been reading, this hits the sweet spot as far as the price point goes. Any news?

Comment

AFAIK, it's under embargo still.
            Travis B
            travis.b@xoticpc.com
            Customer Loyalty Team
            XOTIC PC

Comment

Looks like they are posted on the web site now.

Comment

embargo

Originally posted by Roland@XoticPC View Post
                We are looking at the embargo ending hopefully sometime at the end of this month. We cannot really say more than that at this point.
                Please explain what the embargo is about.

Comment

Originally posted by wtaylor View Post
                  Please explain what the embargo is about.
                  Intel NDAs have expired.

The cat is out of the bag.

Info about Ivy Bridge CPUs and series 7 chipsets is now available.

Ivy Bridge is a tick, not a tock. Basically all it represents is a die and litho shink to 22nm, 3D transistors, and some minor enhancements; a few new opcodes, better embedded graphics, and better turbo.

http://www.itproportal.com/2012/04/2...ure-breakdown/
                  MSI GT780DX | Intel Core i7-2670QM | nVidia GTX 570M | 16 GB DDR3-1333 | 240 GB OCZ Vertex3 MI SSD | 120GB Vertex 3 MI SSD(caddy) | 2 x 240GB SanDisk Extreme SSD R0 | Tuniq TX-3 | Bigfoot Killer Wireless-N 1103(3x3) | Netgear R6300

Comment

Pertaining to the release dates of the new G75's. . .

G75VW-RS72 ETA: Mid-May
                    G75VW-DS71 ETA: Early-May
                    G75VW-DS72 ETA: Mid-May
                    G75VW-DS73 ETA: Mid-May

NOTE!!!: These are ETA's. The "E" stands for "Estimated" which means if ASUS chooses to, they can be pushed back!
                    Travis B
                    travis.b@xoticpc.com
                    Customer Loyalty Team
                    XOTIC PC

Comment

Roland,
                      So what is the hold up with the ASUS?
                      Why are other retailers offering these laptops currently - TigerDirect, Best Buy, PowerNotebooks, etc.
                      I've even seen posts on the web from people who purchsed them from Best Buy in the past few days.

Would it be possible to at least post the systems for pre-order? (like you did with the MSI GT70/60)
                      Then we can at least get a jump start on the configuring and ordering.

Thanks

Comment

Best Buy, as someone else said, has a lesser version. And I don't know about anyone else but XoticPC. It is just want time we are getting them in.

AFAIK, last time I checked, they are all posted on our site under the ASUS section.

I am truly sorry I cannot be more of help. I hate being kept in the dark as much as the next person, I assure you.
                        Travis B
                        travis.b@xoticpc.com
                        Customer Loyalty Team
                        XOTIC PC

Comment

Originally posted by kevinneal View Post
                          Roland,
                          So what is the hold up with the ASUS?
                          Why are other retailers offering these laptops currently - TigerDirect, Best Buy, PowerNotebooks, etc.
                          I've even seen posts on the web from people who purchsed them from Best Buy in the past few days.

Would it be possible to at least post the systems for pre-order? (like you did with the MSI GT70/60)
                          Then we can at least get a jump start on the configuring and ordering.

Thanks
                          Yeah i'll agree with Roland, Bestbuy never has offered the higher end of Asus, just their middle low range, and usually with the bad memory configs
                          Last edited by richardsharpe; 05-02-2012, 08:30 PM.

Comment

So... It is now as mid-may as it can possibly get!

Any news?

Comment

RE: Asus G75

Well, its May 29th and the ETA is moved back to mid-June, anymore news on the situation?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X