• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two Qs on the Sager 2090

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Qs on the Sager 2090

Under Audio it says it has

3D Surround sound Full Duplex
    Built-in 7.1+2 HD Audio Codec - Realtek ALC26

What does this mean?

Secondly, is it supposed to come with a "standard carrying case" like it says on the description page? It doesn't have an "(optional)" tag around it, but in configuration it says "select if desired," it is confusing.

This is the information:

- Realtek ALC268
    - Built-in HD Audio Codec
    - Compliant with Universal Audio Architecture
    - 95dB SNR DACs / 90dB SNR ADCs can meet Vista Premium requirement
    - Microphone-in and headphone-out
    - Internal Microphone
    - Two stereo 1.5W speakers with chamber

The 2090 does not come with a carrying case. The configuration pages states: "Carying Case Optional (Select if desired)"

Comment

Thanks for the reply, but I'm still not clear on what the HD Audio codec is. Beyond the surround sound demo in the audio properties, I can tell no difference in audio between my stereo speakers on my Ubuntu box. Does it have some effect or support for external sound cards or something that I'm not clear on?

Comment

HD Audio codec

Intel High Definition Audio (IHD or "Azalia") refers to the specification released by Intel in 2004 for delivering high-definition audio that is capable of playing back more channels at higher quality than previous integrated audio codecs like AC97. Azalia was its codename during development.

Hardware based on Intel HD Audio specifications is capable of delivering 192 kHz/32 bit quality for two channels, and 96 kHz/32 bit for up to eight channels.

Comment

Thank you, I couldn't find anything on that anywhere. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X