• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tech Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech Question

Okay all you techies, I have a question. What would give me more bang for my buck, going with a dual 8700 video card and a duo core t7700 2.4 GHz as opposed to a single 8800 with a quad 2.66 processor setup? My budget limit is limiting me to one or the other I can't do both. My thinking is to go with the Sager 9262 with the quad processor and 8800 card with the thought of adding a second card at a later date. Thanks.

BF

I know I'm not a mod or anything but 8800 is still going to be your best bet! It's just better all around

Comment

The 8800GTX is the best video card on the market at this time. Your best bang for your buck with extreme performance would be the 8800 & Quad 2.66ghz. If your looking to save a little bit on the machine a quad 2.4ghz would suffice too

Comment

Scond on what Justin said. The 8800M GTX as nVidia`s initial benchmarks have showed us, is almost twice as powerful as the 7950GTX , and therefore 2 time the 8700M GT.
        Also, 4 cores running in 2.4 Ghz should be enough for anything, be it application or game.
        Personal Quote :
        Angelina can make your fps rise faster and faster.
        Your laptop will always lag next to her
        I would configure her with bigger...
        Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

Working...
        X