• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shipping Costs (Canada)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping Costs (Canada)

First off, let me say I"m sorry for asking this. I did a search for this and I'm aware it has been covered serveral times. However, the replies are not 100% consistant.

The impression I've been given is that UPS is the service provider of choice. If the express delivery is selected there will be a fee when the delivery is made which is somewhere around 15-20% of the price, plus another $80. If ground (snail) is requested the cost is reduced to the normal $80.

This this information correct or current?

For those who have dealt with such things in the past, what should be the approx deleivery time to my door (living in Alberta). A build time of 3-7 days is clearly shown, so how long does delivery take when going through customs and all that jazz?

Thanks for the time folks!

Canada UPS Ground
    3-6 days with normal customs clearance $57.00

Canada UPS Express
    1-3 days with normal customs clearance $87.00 - No Brokerage Charges

Comment

Please forgive me for my lack of understanding here....

The Brokerage Charges are what I was referring to as the 15-20% charge on delivery, correct? The express deliver has no charges, but the ground shipping does (was the other way around from I read in a different thread)?

Thank you for your patience, and the darn fast reply!

Comment

As far as I know, there is not any Canadian duty or brokerage on computer hardware or software.

There is however tax. 5% GST will be charged right away upon reaching the border and if Ontario then 8% PST will also be charged. UPS will then send you a bill for the tax money you owe which they had to pay plus a small fee for taking care of it.

Again, computer related products are somewhat different so I could be wrong. The term brokerage refers to the work done by handling the item through customs by the shipping company.
        System:||SagerNP5793||T9300,2.5ghz.C2D||1920x1200, 512mb.nVidiaQuadro:FX1600M||
        Memory:||4,096mbDDR2667mhz||1gb Robson Turbo||200gb,7200,SATAii.16mb||2gb,SD.cache||

Comment

Thank you, Zey. That sums up what I was unsure about nicely.

Comment

Working...
          X