• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Really high temperatures on my MSI Ge60

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really high temperatures on my MSI Ge60

Hey guys,

My laptop generally runs like a champ however the CPU cores are incredibly hot. As in 70 degrees C idle and peaking to the high 90s when I am playing an intensive game. While it hasn't posed too much of an issue, especially when I turned off speedstep in the BIOS, I still fear that temperatures that high are in the long run detrimental to the health of the computer. I open up the laptop all the time to dust out the fan to make sure its in tip-top shape and I've checked the thermal compound and it appears to be good. Recently I've gotten into play Planetside 2 which is a very CPU intensive game and I've been receiving some pretty bad frames due to what I assume is the CPU throttling. What should I do? I haven't changed the clock speed, it is at the default except when the Turbo Boost is on.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Logan

Those are some pretty hot temps. When you checked the thermal paste, did you actually replace it when you lifted the heatsink? Or did you just put it back down on top of the CPU figuring because it was spread all over that it was good to go?
    Travis B
    travis.b@xoticpc.com
    Customer Loyalty Team
    XOTIC PC

Comment

I replaced the thermal paste with some Antec Formula 6 Nano Diamond compound. I saw a marginal decrease in temperature when idle, however it had no impact when I was playing Planetside 2 which still maxed all 4 cores at around 97 degrees C.

Comment

I would recommend you open a service ticket with our RMA dept and get it sent in for repairs. That is extremely hot as I said and you do not want your CPU to degrade.
        Travis B
        travis.b@xoticpc.com
        Customer Loyalty Team
        XOTIC PC

Comment

Working...
        X