• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Offset mode

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offset mode

Hello,
    I am about to order a Sager NP9150.
    Recently, I have heard about a CPU term called "Offset mode".
    The point is, I am currently a student, and battery life is quite important to me (I want that few hours of unplugged MS word-ing), but I still want the machine to run full speed when I game. So, essentially what offset mode does is that it underclocks your CPU so it can use less resources and run less hot.
    To any NP9150 users: Do you know how to tweak the CPU usage? Also, is it possible to save the underclock/overclock as a macro for the keyboard or mouse(Synapse 2.0)?
    To Xoticpc staff: I am considering in getting the redline boost service. Is there a way that you can bind this UC as well with the to-be-paid OC?
    So basically, I'm looking to have two profiles saved in the PC: 1 High CPU stress profile for g, and another low CPU stress for simple tasks and conserving energy.
    Thanks a lot in advance.

We do not overclock the laptop CPU, only the GPU. I would not recommend it either as the cooling just isn't there to keep it cool while under load. I am sorry but I cannot give overclocking advise via forums. I would recommend you go to Overclock.net and ask your OC'ing questions there!
    Travis B
    travis.b@xoticpc.com
    Customer Loyalty Team
    XOTIC PC

Comment

Working...
    X