• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sager Clevo P170SM Laptop won't power on

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sager Clevo P170SM Laptop won't power on

Today is a sad day.
    Was moving my computer desk when my laptop shutdown. I had taken the charger out so I thought the battery was dead.
    But when I plugged the charger back in turned the laptop in it wouldn't power on. No fan spinning, just dead.
    That's when I smelt burning, like something fried.
    I opened the laptop but my baby is built like Fort Knox so couldn't get far. Seems to me that the smell originates between what I'm guessing is the heat sink and secondary hard drive is. I couldn't unscrew that part of it.

I removed the RAM to, hard disk, still nothing.
    Fyi, when I plug the charger back in, the battery is charging and eventually the battery light turned green.
    So I'm guessing the laptop is protecting itself from further damage.

To my main question, I bought the laptop when I was in the US, 3 years ago. Warranty period is probably over. But I live in Europe now. Any ideas where to send the laptop for repair?
    Is there an European headquarters? Can I ship to the US still? How much would it cost?
    It's a good laptop, still running smoothly but this is the first bad case.
    Any advice welcome. Thanks
    Last edited by Eman; 10-16-2016, 12:40 PM.

Hi!

Please contact Sager at Techsupport@sagernotebook.com and inquire about repair locations. Also include your serial # in the email.

(serial number is usually located on the bottom of your machine on a sticker, or on the inside of a laptops battery. If you cnnot find your serial number, log into your computer and run the "cmd.exe" program and type in "wmic bios get serialnumber")
    Best regards,
    Jake M @ XOTIC PC ; jake.m@xoticpc.com
    ---------------------------
    MY RIG ; Sager NP9175, equipped with:
    Nvidia GTX 1080 GPU, Intel i7 8700 CPU, 32GB DDR4 RAM @2400Mhz, 256GB M.2 SSD, 2TB SSHD Firecuda.

Comment

Working...
    X