• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Driver for 8600GT on Win XP Pro 64x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driver for 8600GT on Win XP Pro 64x

Hi, I'm looking for the video driver for a 8600GT for Win XP Pro 64x. I have a Sager N2090. Thanks

I am sorry we dont have XP64 Drivers.
    Justin Nolte
    [email protected]
    http://www.xoticpc.com

Comment

Couple of questions about that...

Did you stick XP on your machine?

And how can you be running XP with the 8600? It has Direct X 10 which I thought XP has no support for (correct me if I'm wrong).

So that's is why there are no drivers for it on Sager's site. I just looked it up for ya and there is nothing there for that. Just Vista 32, 64, and XP. But granted they don't give a lot of details about their drivers...which annoys me.

Couple of question to help figure this out. I'm not the expert here so when Justin sees this I hope this helps out.

P.S. Does the card still work on XP but WITHOUT DX10 support? Or just not at all?

Ok he got to me first lol XD
      Sager NP8170
      Threedee Screen, GTX 485M, i7-2720QM, IC Diamond paste, BlueRay Drive
      Phase 1 - 7/5
      Phase 2 - 7/11
      Phase 3 - ?
      Phase 4 - 7/25 (does it have to be a Monday? -.-)

T minus 1 phase til awesomeness!

Comment

No i did not put XP on my machine personally. There are 8600 Drivers for XP also The 8600 works fine under XP.
        Justin Nolte
        [email protected]
        http://www.xoticpc.com

Comment

I have found this driver http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/...howtopic=15827 it is pretty interesting to see how it works. Has anyone tried using this with their 8600m gt?

Comment

I was about t recommend exactly that site for GPU direvers. It is one of the most well known and respectable sites for laptop video card drivers. My driver came from them also
            Personal Quote :
            Angelina can make your fps rise faster and faster.
            Your laptop will always lag next to her
            I would configure her with bigger...
            Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

Once something screw ups on my laptop, I will most likely install win 64. It's a really stupid move on microsoft to put dx 10 only on vista and not windows. What is the point of that if the OS makes it almost impossible to play some hardcore games with not so good computers. It's a really dumb move on them. Well it might be good for sales but not for user satisfaction, which is all that MS cares about, the MS BS as I call it.

Comment

Working...
              X