• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5791 suspend/shutdown issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5791 suspend/shutdown issue

Hey all, I recently puchased a Sager 5791, and any time that I try to shut down or suspend the laptop, it will stay at the xp shut down screen saying 'please wait while windows shuts down/suspends, and the damned thing will stay on, and I have to hold the power button down to shut it off. Any suggestions?

Shut Down/Suspend Issue

1. Check to make sure you have the most recent updates for windows.

2. You might have a program that is running in the background that doesn't want to shut down, thus causing windows to hang.

Let me know if any of those suggestions help

Comment

yah, first thing I did after installing xp sp1 was to hit up windows update. I'll start disabling the optional system processes I installed, see if one of those is the culprit. Other then that, everything is working flawlessly.

Comment

Thought I would post real quick: went out to the web and grabbed the newest 7950gtx go driver, and low and behold, that fixed the shutdown issue.

Comment

Glad to hear the problem is fixed

Comment

Working...
          X