• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

White horizontal bands appear on new Sager 9260 LCD display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White horizontal bands appear on new Sager 9260 LCD display

Hi, I've had my new Sager 9260 (from XoticPC) for about 1.5 weeks now. Everything was fine until I started getting horizontal ghosty (foggy) white bands appearing on the Sager logo black background loading screen, after about a day this seemed to have progressed to the windows logo screen and then to looking at web pages with black or very dark backgrounds (not on blues or lighter backgrounds).

I did an XP Pro (SP2) repair from the installation disc, but no joy. I reinstalled windows XP (and hence drivers- e.g. graphics driver) but this didn't help either. I have noticed that moving the LCD screen up and down makes the bands move or even go away (briefly for for a long time), or gently tapping the side of the LCD screen. A loose LCD cable?? Is there any way to check this or fix this myself with voiding the warranty as I live in the UK and really don't want to have return it to the US so soon after receiving it. Everything else seems fine with the laptop.

I found a few people who have had the same problem with this model in this forum thread: http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=162444

Thanks for any help

Loose LCD Cable

This does sound like it could be a loose LCD cable. If you just re-mount the cable it may fix your problem.

If you need help in finding how to get to the cable contact Support at 800-741-2219

Comment

Hi, thanks for the prompt response. Will I void my warranty if I try to get at the LCD cable? Also, do you know if there is a written tech guide/instructions for this doing this available?

Thanks

Comment

You shouldn't void your warranty. I would contact sager before doing any fixes internally.

Comment

Working...
        X