• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about Vistax64

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Vistax64

Hi, I recently purchased a Sager 5791 and it came with Vista Home Premium 64...and I really gotta ask you guys something
    1) is it normal for vista to use 1gb of physical memory on boot up , with NO additional software running?
    2) if it is normal, why the heck is vista supposedly better than xp? it's just a resourcehog
    3) I have 2gb of memory, and for some reason, after using the laptop for a while, and closing all programs used, the memory usage is still somewhat bigger than 1.5 Gb , leaving me with a measely 512 mb of ram left. WITH NOTHING RUNNING but vista. LIKE WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH THAT?

If vista is suppose to eat all the resources, I'm gonna kill it.
    Personal Quote :
    Angelina can make your fps rise faster and faster.
    Your laptop will always lag next to her
    I would configure her with bigger...
    Na, she`s perfect.

It is true vista is more of a resource hog. You can see the recommended system requirements here.

Comment

I'm running a Core2Duo 2.2 Ghz processor and I have 2 Gb of ram. But 1 giga is basically used by stinking Vista. Too bad that Vista Premium users don`t get a free copy of XP,which isn`t fair,considering how terrible gaming canbe on x64 Vista sometimes. Say, if I were to upgrade my memory, could you guys provide me with 4 gigs? I mean, separately , not on a notebook
      Personal Quote :
      Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

Apparently there was some spyware which was slowing my system down. Leftover from an older cd with drivers.
        Problem solved.
        Personal Quote :
        Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

Working...
        X