• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Screen/Sound Loop Crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Screen/Sound Loop Crash

I've had my ASUS c90s laptop for coming up on a week now. So far everything has been great...everything but the random Black Screen and sound loop crashes. I occasionally get them when playing a game for a few minutes, or even closing the lid for an hour or so and coming back to it being crashed. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and what the problem could be. The fans appear to be working, the temperature doesn't appear to get too hot. The crashing was more prominent with speedstep on. (os based cpu control - the 10% overclocking)

I can give an update later, and more stats and info as needed.

You might want to try running the system at it's recommended speed instead of overclocking. Whenever you start overclocking more times that not problems start happening, It puts more stress on the individual components and shortens the life of the components.

Comment

It is not overclocking at all. Disabling speedstep turns the overclocking off. It did not do it today, but if I remember right it did it twice yesterday, things seem to be doing better. Will update again if problem persists.

Comment

Oblivion crashes after 5-10 minutes of gameplay. Again, no evidence of overheating. No overclocking. Faulty hardware?

Comment

Have you received any blue screen errors. If you have, can you please provide the error codes? Also any additional information relating to the problems would help immensely

Comment

Usually it may be the faulty driver . You should try both the newest video card driver and an older one and compare. If both of them are unstable, than it might be hardware related. Also, a game patch or update might help. Have you done any tweaking or used any tweaking software?
            Personal Quote :
            Angelina can make your fps rise faster and faster.
            Your laptop will always lag next to her
            I would configure her with bigger...
            Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

Typically there hasn't been any BSODs coupled with the black screen crash. The only one I can think of is a usb one that happened when I swiped my finger and changed the dpi on my mouse before the login screen came up. I don't remember what any codes might have been for that, it only happened once or twice, and the crashes have happened more then that.

I have tried a few different graphics drivers, it was happening with what comes standard so I thought it might be the problem (some of which had trouble recognizing the hardware installed - like the latest one directly from nvidia). Everything has been patched, no tweaking software has been applied. The only thing "tweaked" has been disabling speedstep.

I did install speedfan and ntune to see if it might be a heating issue, but all the temperatures are the normal. The only one I was unsure of was the GPU normal temp idle and under a load.

Comment

And what are does temps ? If it's getting hot, then it's not uncommon for a blue screen or even self-restart. Please post you temps so that we may compare to standard ones.
                Personal Quote :
                Angelina can make your fps rise faster and faster.
                Your laptop will always lag next to her
                I would configure her with bigger...
                Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

Well CPU temps are typically 50-60 (even under load) ACPI temp gets a little warm if its been on a while. Right now its 30. Hard Drive temp right now is 43, max I think I've seen it is like 54. I was more wondering the GPU temperature standards though.

Comment

I finally got my Hellgate London beta account sent to me. Same thing as Oblivion...few minutes in black screen sound loop crash.

Comment

If you can please e-mail [email protected] and we can help get this problem resolved for you

Comment

Working...
                      X