• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sager NP 9260 Will Not Boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sager NP 9260 Will Not Boot

Ive had this Sager for two if not three months and until now its worked fine. However One day, I shut down the system and now it will not POST. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do?

I need an answer ASAP

I would contact technical support at 1-800-741-2219

Comment

Re: Sager NP 9260 Will Not Boot

Originally posted by Brunhily
      Ive had this Sager for two if not three months and until now its worked fine. However One day, I shut down the system and now it will not POST. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do?

I need an answer ASAP
      Not sure if this helps you--but--I have this problem sometimes.
      First, I do not know why it happens. However, due to similar experiences with my previous Toshiba Satelitte and my standby Sony GRZ610, stumbled on a solution thatalso worked with my Sager NP9260.

When the non-booting happens, I unplug the computer and remove the battery. I plug the computer back in and the problem vanishes. Ihave no idea why the computers behave that way and why removing the battery solves it. it just does. Consequently, I've removed the batter from my Sager and no longer even use it except when going through airports as you must show it it really is a computer. Sand battery, I have yet to experience non-booting on either the Sony or Sager.
      ---Those are my principles. if you don't like them, I have others.--- {Groucho Marx}

Comment

Removing the battery from the laptop, resets the computer so it's a cold fresh boot. When you remove the battery is clears any bad executions out of memory and allows the computer to boot correctly.

Comment

Working...
        X